The struggle is real when texting impairs you from physically getting a guy’s attention.
That’s why texts that grab his attention need to be special and thought over.
It is hard to keep the spirit alive when you keep using online platforms to communicate, but it isn’t impossible.
To grab a guy’s attention through text, you should show confidence, creativity, and genuineness.
Avoid doing everything just to get his attention, that isn’t healthy and it won’t work in the long run.
Here are 9 things you can text a guy to get his attention:
1. Text him something unpredictable
Your texts need to bring something exciting and unexpected to the conversation because that will get his attention.
When you want to get a guy’s attention over text, don’t start the conversation with a boring text like “Hey” or “What’s up?” as that will make you just another fish in the pond.
Try to be outstanding and ask him something specific to his interests and show genuine interest when he replies.
Here are some texts that might take him by surprise:
- Hey, great job on your presentation today. I’ve gotta say, I was impressed with the results. Your visuals were amazing, what software did you use?
- Babe, I know how much you love basketball, and heard that there is a game next Wednesday. I can get my hands on two tickets. Should we go?
- I read your research on astrology. I am a big fan and read about it just for fun. There was a section that was a bit confusing. Would you mind giving me more insight?
- Josslin said that there would be new changes following next month. Do you have any idea what that might be about?
- Heeey, I’ve got some news on the project we will be working on. Wanna know more about it?
- I found your song! Oh my god, I found your song! [insert a link to the song]
2. Ask him something you saw on his social media
The easiest way to grab his attention over text is when you use information from his social media to talk to him.
Avoid stalking him to find his interest, but if you are already connected through any dating site or social media, then you will naturally know more about him from his profile.
Try to find a topic that will hook his attention immediately.
If you can base most of your texts on the activity he shares on social media to get his attention, the likelihood of getting a response is high.
Here are some examples to get his attention by using information from his online profile:
- Oh wow! You hiked Mount Blanc! That’s one dangerous trail. What was it like?
- The concert looks so much fun. I love them so much as well. What was their hidden track this time around?
- I don’t know if we would get along or not but that Avengers T-shirt would be a great start.
- Oh, you should check the bar downtown if you are looking for something more chill. That’s the best one in town. I’d love to take you there if you are interested.
- Oh, I have finished watching that TV show too. If you are looking for another show similar to this one, let me know. I have a list haha.
- This place looks amazing. I’d love to check it out. Would you mind telling me where it is?
- Jet skiing is my favorite sport in the summer. Have you ever jet skied on Gold Coast, Australia? It’s an experience to remember.
- They demolished the old theater?! I loved going there as a kid. Remember those cool pictures you took a while back? That place was magical.
3. Compliment him
Ladies, complimenting him will get his attention. It is just up to you to muster the courage and text him.
If for some reason you are shy to compliment him on his appearance, you can choose something else.
Compliments don’t have to be just for his looks, but also something he did, say, fashion choice, intelligence, a trait, or something you find impressive.
Here are some text examples to get his attention hooked by using compliments:
- Great choice of costume. Where did you get it? More importantly, how did you get the green to look like that?
- New hairstyle? It really suits you.
- Did you build the tree house on your own!? You have incredible handy work!
- Congratulations on the new promotion! You deserved it!
- Oh, your smile is out of this world. It suits you 🙂
- As your girlfriend, your handsomeness is out of this galaxy.
- Thank you so much for your help. Your skills are no joke. I’d love to buy you coffee as a thank you.
- You came up with a great strategy. I hadn’t thought of that. You have a knack for this!
- How can you be so handsome? I am the luckiest girl alive.
- One out of ten, you’re a hundred.
4. Reply to his story/post
Texts that can get your boyfriend’s attention or any other guy’s are those that you send when you reply to something he posted online.
In this case, the reply means:
- I follow your activity on social media,
- This is just an excuse to talk to you (if this is the first time you texted him ever)
- Or that you were impressed and had to say something.
His post will give you something that you can text him about and that you don’t have to fret much over what to text.
The only thing you have to think about is how to formulate the text to grab his attention. Which is easy. Make it interesting and avoid generic texts.
Anything from his posts on what he did today, sharing his experience, or interest is something you can use to your advantage.
This is how you get his attention back through these texts by replying to his posts:
- You should check out the Van Gogh museum when you go to Amsterdam. It seems that I am an Arts enthusiast as much as you are. You’ll love it!
- I suggest your next stop be Grindelwald. The canyon is majestic and about 10 km west, in a small village, there are about 24 waterfalls on both sides of the rock walls.
- Is that Tim? I haven’t seen him in a while. Let’s meet together soon.
- Your voice is beautiful. This is my favorite cover yet. Will you be posting on Youtube?
- I saw a post that you were in Barcelona. I am visiting it soon and I’d love some pointers on what to watch out for.
- You didn’t! I have been looking for that limited edition everywhere. Where did you get it from?
- Your niece looks so cute! Congrats on being an uncle. Have you started chasing guys away from her life yet lol?
- Did you pre-ordered her new album? A man after my heart! What’s your favorite song from the last album?
- Oh, we are watching this show at the same time. What do you think of it so far?
- I am heading there right now! Would you like to join me later?
5. Send flirty and hilarious texts to make him smile
To get your boyfriend’s attention over text, then you can send him some flirty texts that will instantly get him hooked.
Similarly, you can hook a guy’s attention through text by cracking some jokes by using light humor.
While putting these into practice, you will also create the opportunity to keep the conversation going for some time.
Here are 10 flirty and funny text examples you can send a guy to get his attention back:
- I am making some food tonight. Want to come over?
- Damn, I can’t stand being in your presence. You’re too hot to bear.
- I don’t like my bed to be clean and fixed. Would you help me mess it up?
- The red shirt suits you. It looks like boyfriend material.
- Are you bluetooth? Because I want to pair with you.
- I have a thing for sweets. Can I have a sample of you?
6. Send him funny memes or photos
If you have run out of texts that can grab your boyfriend’s attention, send him memes, old funny pictures of him/yourself, or just share things from the internet that seem funny to you.
Sometimes, sending memes/pictures/videos is better because:
- You visualize what you want to say;
- Humor makes the mood better;
- Memes are endless, you can never run out;
- Memes can be the perfect way to reminisce.
Texts that will get his attention are those that he can also relate to, find funny, and give him the chance to share something with you too.
When you start this exchange you can also be playful and tease him a little bit, this not only will grab his attention, but might also keep him hooked for a while.
7. Keep your text short and purposeful
If you want to text a guy for the first time and you want to grab his attention, make sure that you don’t send a lengthy text that he has to scroll down to read.
On the other hand, to get a guy’s attention, your texts need to be short, to the point, specific, and purposeful.
Avoid wasting your opportunity by texting him something boring that doesn’t have any value.
The texts that get his attention shouldn’t be overthought, but just know that a simple “Hey” rarely piques his attention.
When you craft your text with purpose and genuineness, it will grab his attention and add value to it.
Here are some 4-word texts that will get his attention like no other:
- You look smoking hot.
- Join me for lunch.
- Come on over now!
- Babe, you are amazing.
- You’re in trouble 😉
- If you were here…
- Bring your sexiness over.
- Drinks at Tim’s, 8 pm?
- Let’s stay in tonight.
8. Ask him out
Try being bold and ask him out first. It is still not that common for a woman to ask a guy out. So that will undeniably get his attention.
You might be scared that you will come off as desperate by doing it but don’t worry. If this is the first time you are ever asking him out, nothing will scream desperate.
On the contrary, your confidence and courage will grab his attention more, then label you as desperate.
Here are some texts to get his attention by asking him out:
- I am trying the new Chinese restaurant downtown. I know you love Chinese food, would you like to join me?
- How about a drink after working hours? It’s on me.
- Rock climbing was so much fun the last time. Do you want to join me this time?
- I want to fix my sink since it’s been dripping for days. I’m going out to buy some tools. Would you mind accompanying me to buy some tools? I really have no idea what to get!
- Cocktails at 7 pm?
- This has dragged on for so long now. When are you taking me on a date?
- You know what? Let me take you to dinner.
- For a change, how about I take you out? Pick the place and time.
- Want to continue this over a cup of coffee later tonight?
- There is jazz music playing at this bar this weekend. Wanna go?
9. Bring up something he told you about before
The second you reveal the “you mentioned once” card, you instantly get his attention hooked over text or in real life.
This will take him by surprise, especially if that was a long time ago. He will know that you have been paying attention to what he has been saying.
Recall a story he told you about or something that was meant to be done in the future, and if you were thinking of doing something about it, let him know.
Now, not only will this grab your boyfriend’s attention but you will also get more appreciation for remembering such details.
Am I being an attention seeker from wanting to gain his attention over text?
Well, wanting to get the attention of a guy you like doesn’t make you an attention seeker, especially if you recognize when your behavior goes out of line.
Whereas on the contrary, an attention seeker would try to get his attention, by all means, over-bragging, and displaying somewhat obsessive behavior.
The difference is in the pattern of the social behavior you display.
At one point in your life, you might have known someone with such traits or you might have been one yourself, especially during childhood.
Those urges to get attention now and then are normal and common.
However, if other people’s attention is the main drive behind your actions, then consulting with a therapist can be a tremendous help to transform the way you think and process yourself and your actions.
Attention-seeking behavior can also be accompanied by the desperation of achieving the desired result.
But, if you intend to try to start a conversation, or try to ask him out, texts to get a guy’s attention will hardly fall into the behavior of an attention seeker.
Bottom line: Be confident in what you sent him and don’t overthink it.
To get a guy’s attention through text then you shouldn’t doubt yourself. Text him something that you think no one has ever texted him before.
What you should text him to get his attention are texts that are a bit flirty, short, and to the point combined with your creativity.
Texting a guy to get his attention doesn’t have to be something that you can fret much over, just be yourself and confident in what you want.
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t text him too much because that won’t get his attention at all, but perhaps even push him into ignoring those texts.
Thus, one piece of advice that is more general is “act like you want others to act with you”
The same equivalence goes with texting, only send those kinds of texts that you would like to receive.
You’ve got this!