As if finding out anyone is attracted to you is easy! Well, now we’re in a working environment, and our current “anyone” is our boss.
There are things most men do when they’re into someone whether they’re a boss, a coworker, or even a friend. That’ll be easy to spot.
The most important thing in finding out if your boss is into you is to know/notice his intentions and acknowledge how you feel or what your response to it could be.
How do you know for sure that your boss secretly likes you?
1. He keeps slightly flirting with you but he won’t make you feel uncomfortable at work;
2. He helps you enhance your personality and grow in your career; Without asking anything in return;
3. He requests to have dinner for two (as a business dinner) but during the conversation, he will indirectly let you know about his feelings; No matter your answer, he respects your decision;
4. He is interested in whether you are doing well in life;
5. He wants to help to solve something that has been bugging you;
6. When you are not just a fling for him, he will notice your mood swings;
7. He jokes with you or says something silly to make you laugh but not make you feel embarrassed;
8. He makes it clear that he is single and not married or in a relationship;
Here are more detailed, 16 signs that your boss is attracted to you:
1. He finds an excuse to meet you before or after work
He overloads you with work so he can find a chance to meet you after work. Or gives you something to work on and come early at work, so there’s a moment when it’s just the two of you.
If he offers you to review that paper over coffee, he might offer you to do it over some drinks or have dinner at a restaurant, then the chances are he is looking forward to that alone time with you.
To be sure of your doubt, just take a close look at if he does this with other employees: If not then his intention is all clear!
2. He stares at you across the office and smiles quite often
If your boss is attracted to you he’ll stare, he’ll catch glances of you, and he’ll smile a lot when you’re around.
You’ll notice this behavior getting more and more frequent with time, as he’ll get comfortable especially if you reciprocate with the eye contact and the smiling.
Making eye contact at work with your boss while discussing work is quite normal.
Once the “normal” extent of staring and smiling is crossed, then there are drops of signs he likes you romantically.
3. He has a great interest in your personal life
He’ll be interested in your personal life: whether you are single or not, your plans this weekend, your favorite meal, etc.
Unless it’s something work-related, your personal life usually is none of your boss’ business. So, if your boss is interested in knowing more about your personal life for no particular reason, then take note.
Whether your boss can be single or married both cases can affect you and your career. On that note, you should be careful with your response to this attraction.
4. He gets around you even when he doesn’t anything to discuss with you
He might just abruptly invade your office or workplace and show up without any reason.
A sign that your boss is flirting with you out of his attraction to you is if he comes near you with an excuse that seems a little bit off or absurd. Pay attention to his behavior.
5. He flirts: His compliments towards you aren’t just work-related
One of the obvious signs that your boss is flirting with you is him making compliments towards you that aren’t just work-related.
Flirtatious compliments include praising you for your music/movie/food taste or even commenting on your look.
He’s not like that with other employees. There’s a reason why you’re wondering if your boss likes you.
6. His voice tone is different when he speaks to you and other employees
A man that flirts with you changes his voice tone. Notice if he speaks like this all the time or if he speaks with others with the same tone.
If your boss just lowers his voice while speaking to you and doesn’t do this with others he is trying to impress you even if it is subconsciously.
7. He gets lost while you are speaking and then cracks a joke to block the void
If he kind of freezes for a moment, looks aways, and then in a few seconds cracks a joke to seem disinterested in you, he is hiding the fact that he likes you, he wants it a secret.
If your boss is flirting with you somehow this makes him uncomfortable too, he will fill the doubt with some jokes to seem cool and interesting to you.
8. If you make a mistake at work he won’t be tough on you like he is with others
Your mistakes aren’t a big deal to him anymore. If you make any mistake at work he won’t make it a big deal and will try to help you to solve it.
To have a clearer idea take a close look at his casual behavior too. Create a baseline: If he tolerates your mistakes and has a pretty strict character with other employees then he is attracted to you.
9. He offers you a ride home from work, multiple times
In most states, it’s pretty common and a friendly gesture to give your co-worker a lift.
But, if he does that on purpose, and he lives way too far from your place, then we’ve got something going on!
In this case, combined with the flirting, your boss is attracted to you. Especially if he’s this giving with only you from everyone else at work.
10. He acts authoritarian around you for no reason – He might even blush!
One of the signs a man likes you is when he blushes and acts arrogantly or uninterested whenever he sees you – that, so he can mask it off. It’s a bit odd, but it happens.
If your boss keeps constantly acting a little bit weird when he is near you, he is at unease and criticizes only you without any reason then he might be into you, or have a crush on you.
If he does that with others then it is due to his personality, not because he is in love with you.
11. He chooses to have you near or sit near you
Has your boss been constantly switching places or organizing your table so he can sit near you? Then, mark out this sign.
If your places are set and you sit in the same place during meetings then that doesn’t mean a thing.
It means a thing when he constantly finds ways to change his seat and sit next to you, or to just get your seat next to his.
12. He brushes against you “accidentally on purpose” way too often
Any guy that’s attracted would find a way to be all touchy-touchy with you.
If your boss finds every way to brush against you or touch you slightly your hand, your arm, or even your leg while giving you an instruction or talking to you then he might be flirting with you due to his attraction to you.
If he is one of those people that talk and touch at the same time then you might want to spend some time analyzing his behavior.
Note: If this makes you feel all uncomfortable and you feel harassed, feel free to go to HR, and be unresponsive to his behavior.
13. He constantly keeps calling you to his office when that can be an email
Your boss finds even the most meaningless reasons to see you and talk to you.
If he keeps calling you to his office to discuss something that could be done by email or he would have let you know about that in a workgroup then he is looking for more than just a work relationship.
He’s looking for more time with you.
14. He keeps texting or calling you without having a particular reason
Your boss can call or text you to tell you something that he forgot to say at work and that’s okay.
Though, if he keeps texting or calling you almost every day without any particular reason then he is looking for something more than what can happen within the work realm.
Check the content or the type of text he sends. He is flirting if he sends you flirty texts or if he sends mixed texts that are work-related but flirty too such as:
- “Sarah, tomorrow we have that business dinner with the Japanese team. I’m looking forward to seeing you.”
- “Annie, can you just find a way to take that deep blue fabric as I told you. Just like your eyes, deep blue.”
15. His body language tells you a lot about his attraction to you
His body turned towards you, he’s touching his face, nose, hair, or neck, and biting his lip are some signs that your presence is influencing him.
He likes you if he keeps an open body language towards you; if he makes eye contact; if he mirrors your moves; if he touches things when he’s around you. The answer is in the details.
16. Other workers notice a change in his behavior too
Your co-workers have noticed that his behavior towards you is different from that of others and that he has changed lately – It can’t get more obvious than this.
They are aware that your boss is acting a lot differently from you compared to the way he acts and behaves with other coworkers. And they sure let you know about it!
Why does my boss flirt with me?
Whether it sounds reasonable to you or not, he’s got his reasons for flirting – I’ll break down a few:
- He likes you a lot.
- He’s using his post to get what he wants – he wants to sleep with you.
- He’s looking for someone to ‘have fun’ with and take the chance.
- He’s a natural flirt and does that with everyone.
- He’s bored at work, and this is a way to make it fun for him.
If he’s single and sees you as a potential partner – and you reciprocate – then keep your career in mind, and think of your actions and what they might bring into your life.
If your boss is a married man, he could be looking for a new flame in his life, he could be looking for something exciting, or a simple man with authority that wants to take advantage of it.
Whatever the case is, don’t do something you’re not comfortable with, even if it makes you lose your job because of it.
6 obvious signs your boss wants to sleep with you
Whether your boss is married, or not when he likes you romantically and when he wants to sleep with you he’s not gonna hide it for long, he’s a man after all.
Some like to hide it, while others even brag about it. The signs apply to either case, again: he’s a man after all. Eventually, his intention/s will be clear.
Here are 6 obvious signs your boss wants to sleep with you:
1. He flirts way too much and obviously – He says flirty words, does flirty moves such as touching or looking at you intensely.
2. He asks you out after work – He either finds excuses or straight out asks you out.
3. He gets you gifts for no reason – When romantic feelings and sexual ones are involved they make your boss care about you, so he’ll get you gifts and it’ll be noticeable.
4. Your coworkers think you’re dating – They’ve seen you two be a bit closer than usual these days, they’ll make such assumptions.
5. He gives you looks, stares, and indirectly tells you he romantically likes you – Some try to hide it, some are even confident about it, he’ll find his ways to let you know.
6. He’s been texting you asking about your day quite frequently now – He’ll text you and contact you privately, he’ll find that alone time with you.
At the end of the day, your intuition won’t leave you alone. You’ll feel it and you’ll know it. There’ll be tension between you, it’ll be obvious after a while…
My female boss is attracted to me. What should I do?
It entirely depends if you’re comfortable with it or not. Though mixing up your professional life with your romantic life isn’t much of a bright idea, and we’ve seen many examples of how that could turn out.
If you’re stuck in such a situation because you don’t know what to do, or because you’re uncomfortable with it, then here’s what I suggest:
– Start with being short and simple with your answers – avoid one on one meetings with her.
– Do your work and leave the office as soon as you finish your work.
– Don’t flirt back, keep it as professional as possible.
– If it went too far, let her know that this situation is putting you in an uncomfortable position and that you’re not interested.
On the other hand, if you feel comfortable and the attraction is mutual, then talk about it with your boss.
Go into details about how this would affect both of you, your careers. Talk about what you’re willing to compromise, what could turn out of this, and how would it affect your work performance.
What should I do if my boss is into me/flirting with me?
My boss is attracted to me but how do I cool it down without hurting our work relationship?
If your boss is attracted to you but you are not interested in him then you should make this clear to him.
– Sit down with them and be honest about how this situation is making you feel.
– Don’t accuse them, simply address the situation as something you don’t feel comfortable with.
– Try not to spend time alone with your boss – avoid it as much as possible.
– Be careful who you share your concerns with – you don’t want to cause chaos in your workplace.
– Don’t give them[your boss] signs that could possibly lead them to hope they could have a chance with you.
Is flirting allowed in the workplace?
Flirting is allowed as long as it doesn’t turn into dating. Some office policies don’t allow dating between coworkers, or employees, and employers. It entirely depends on your workplace.
Is flirting in the workplace considered harassment?
Flirting in the workplace is considered harassment when the person that is flirting with you crosses boundaries and continues to flirt without your consent and reciprocation.
As long as the other person is feeling uncomfortable because of the flirt, and the other is inconsiderate to that, then it can be considered harassment.
If your boss is married and flirts with you then his feelings are a product of his gratification. He wants some excitement in his life since he is married.
Even if you have mutual feelings it is better for you, and your career to step out of this.
If you flirt back or even tell him about your feelings since he has the authority he will have it easier to make you look bad or even lose your job, so be careful: look for genuinity, sincerity, and safety.