Having a healthy relationship with a guy takes reciprocation and understanding on both sides. But this seems to be a bit of a problem if you are dating or already are in a relationship with a weak man…
Noticing whether a man has a weak personality has nothing to do with the way he looks. You will notice that you are in a relationship with a weak man if he lacks confidence, acts immature, doesn’t care about your feelings, or refuses to accept reality as it is.
While he is struggling by himself he transmits that negative energy to the relationship too, his energy may be misleading and you’ll find yourself confused since you wonder if you are doing something wrong or less in your relationship.
Here are 13 solid signs of a weak man:
1. His behavior is erratic – He shouts and offends you
As a product of not having control over his emotions, he has erratic behavior.
He is all messy and when things don’t go the way he wants he will overreact and throw a huge tantrum. Due to that, he lets himself be driven by it and makes bad decisions.
At times you even feel intimidated by the way he acts when something doesn’t go the way he wants.
In other words, you won’t be able to make the difference if you are dealing with a child or with a grown man.
He acts this way all due to the inability to recognize and describe his own emotions.
2. He doesn’t recognize his weaknesses and strengths
He relies on others to form an opinion on himself, to value himself, and to ‘rate’ his strengths and weaknesses.
This means he relies on external sources to try to fulfill something within.
Since he doesn’t know who he truly is, it becomes difficult for you to help him in any way.
3. He tries to be someone that he’s not
He lets his physique lead his cognitive behavior. He’ll attempt to compensate for his traits due to his mindset: constantly comparing himself to others.
If your man is some inches shorter than you then he will wear shoes that make him taller than you.
His insecurities lead him to live in an imaginary world and not accept himself for who he is, hence he’ll do his best to do, talk, and project his way out of the truth.
4. He expects you or others to take care of him
Your date, boyfriend, or husband is a weak man if he expects everyone else but him to take care of him and his problems.
It’s a bit of a sign of immaturity, but in this case, he does it purposefully. He is aware that he needs to do things, and he finds ways to make other people do them for him, including you.
He has a weak mindset, he’ll refuse to take care of his own needs, or even express them.
5. He can’t choose his words properly when expressing dissatisfaction
He lacks confidence, empathy, understanding, and control of his actions, words, and behavior. And he won’t take responsibility for that.
It’s weak because he has the tools to strengthen and improve his way of communicating, but he refuses to do so. That’s a sign of a weak man, that refuses to improve.
Sometimes in the relationship, this can be tiring and you may start to lose the spark.
6. He doesn’t deal with the problems he causes
When it comes to obstacles he stumbles. He won’t work on the problems within your relationship, especially the ones he caused. He won’t take responsibility for the harm he causes.
It makes you feel he’s (your boyfriend or husband) weaker than you, it’s not a pleasant feeling at all.
Instead of trying to solve his problem he just gives up and instead finds other people to blame, then this is a trait of a man being weak.
A man with a strong personality would try to omit every obstacle that comes his way by having a plan B, or by trying to have a conversation with you and try to find a way.
7. He projects his wrongful behavior on you
He has an inner war and his inner energy is reflected in you as his partner too.
He is constantly criticizing the way you look, eat – He’ll find the smallest details to project his version of wrong into your behavior.
He’s seeking external sources to complete his vision of what he “should look like”. He is showing that he has a weak character by trying to change someone else instead of himself.
8. He’s not open or honest when communicating
His speech consists of blurry and uncertain words. He never offers his opinion on anything, nor communicates his thoughts on your relationship, how you can improve or compromise.
You’re now used to phrases like “Well, I don’t know!”, “Maybe.”, “Whatever you decide.”, etc.
He doesn’t give any opinion due to the risk of saying something bad that would turn you off and away – This way he plays safely.
9. He bad mouths other people
One of the traits that every time creates such a mess in every relationship is having your partner gossip about others.
If your man constantly has that urge and talks about other people behind their back, that means one thing: He is weak. He tries to seek flaws in others by making himself feel superior.
Beware, if he does this constantly about his family, friends, or even talks about your relatives/friends, he will do the same to you too.
10. He is a compulsive liar and refuses to face his fears
One of the worst obvious signs of dealing with a weak man is being lied to by him; Even other people being lied to by him.
To achieve something, he scams others, even you. He can buy a car with your savings, he can cheat, he can lie about the smallest things.
Vulnerability scares him off, the thought of you knowing and seeing his vulnerable side is scary to him. He won’t face his fears, nor acknowledge them to you, others, or even himself.
11. He’s unstable – He’s playing you to have control
His way of thinking creates instability within him, which then reflects entirely on your relationship too. It’ll affect you as a person, as a partner in the connection.
He creates a shaking unstable ground around you two so he can gain control (or at least feel like he’s in control of the connection with you).
This manifests in different ways, like Infidelity, arguments, insulting, and gaslighting, creating a toxic environment in the relationship.
12. He lacks respect towards women, including you
Weak men have this type of “hate” about women.
He puts you down or makes you feel small, he does this to other women too. This is a weak man’s way of feeling like he’s got power and control – the hate within him makes him feel small and weak; and this is his way of covering it up: shifting the situation around.
13. He leaves you confused about whether he loves you or not, it’s getting exhausting
A man who is weak himself thinks that he is “weak” if he admits or shows love to you. He’ll offer anything but security.
Some people just aren’t good at expressing themselves, or people with whom you cannot find a common love language. In those connections, it’s normal to feel confused since both of you have different ways of perceiving and giving love.
A weak man doesn’t do anything to show you that he loves you. Not even with words, doesn’t take care of you, or through a kiss. Showing love would be showing vulnerability, and this is something he can’t compromise.
Keep in mind, a man who loves you will find his ways to show it.
How do you deal with being in a relationship with a weak man?
It’s very important to know where this weakness is coming from, is it that he’s intimidated by you, or is it a mindset he’s had for the longest time.
1. Have a moment to reflect on the situation: How is this connection affecting you? No matter how stable and how strong you are, spending time with a person, being intimate with them will affect you tremendously.
Sit with yourself, and sort it through. Is what you’re doing and putting up with too much to sacrifice for someone?
2. Try to understand the core of him, what makes him who he is? Don’t criticize him directly to make him feel even more insecure, try to see beneath that raw surface he puts on.
Once you have an understanding of him and the source of his behavior, you’ll have an easier time deciding on where this connection is going.
3. Reassure him if needed. Let him know that you are going to be there for him at every step of this process. Try to be open and listen to him, let him know he’s heard. Give him space to open up without being too hard on him or yourself.
4. Get rid of the thought that you can change him entirely. You can have an impact on him, but only he can decide for a change.
Trying to turn him into another person will have negative effects on both of you. It’s a tiring process that leads nowhere, since, again, the decision is entirely up to him.
5. It’s okay to leave. You’re looking for someone right for you. Don’t be harsh on yourself for not being able to change him, nobody can do this but him. If he doesn’t cooperate then you should consider your relationship, it’s your right, and it’s something you can absolutely do.
What makes a man strong in a relationship?
A man who has a strong character is the one that has flaws, sees them and embraces them, and tries to be better for you and himself. Here are some traits that characterize a man with a strong personality:
1. He reflects on himself – he’s confident, not arrogant.
2. He appreciates and respects you as his partner.
3. He doesn’t judge you or others – he’s aware of the weight of his words.
4. He’ll do his best to bring out the best in you and/or others.
5. He can control his emotions and act logically.
6. He doesn’t live by having the mindset of a victim – He takes responsibility.
7. He’s considerate of other people’s feelings.
8. He carries himself with humility and security.
9. He responds well to criticism.
10. His communication is honest, open, and genuine.
FAQ: Is he a weak man or am I the problem?
1. At what point in a relationship is it okay for a man to show weakness?
The right point of the relationship for a man or a woman to show weakness is when trust is both-sided when you’re both feeling safe in each other’s presence.
2. Do you consider a weak man one who overthinks?
No, a man that overthinks is not weak. Overthinking could be due to a lot of reasons. The sole fact that a person overthinks isn’t a reason to call them weak, it’s absurd.
Overthinking though could lead to forming and creating weak traits. It’s important to keep your thoughts positive and light to not go down that ‘weak road’.
3. Why do strong women end up with weak men?
Strong women often end up with weak men due to the reason that strong women are accepting and willing to nourish, while weak men are in constant need of someone to accept them and care for them.
It’s two opposites that attract each other.
Each of us is weak at some point in our lives. The key is to know how to manage it and not reflect negatively on our partner or others surrounding us.