There are two ways to know when a man likes you. They’re easier said than done, but once you get it right, you’ll be having some happy-happy news!
a) Picking up the right signs he gives, and b) Him telling you that he likes you.
The good and handy thing in this situation is that we communicate with behavior, eyes, looks, bodies, smiles, texts, and beyond. The signs will be there.
You just don’t want to misinterpret the signs of attraction for something else.
You will be able to tell the difference between a man who doesn’t see you more than a friend and a man that wants more than friendship but is shy about it.
His behavior will let us know what’s going through his mind. The train of the signs is on our way, so, hop in sista!
The answer on how to tell that he likes you, the 12 obvious signs he likes you:
1. You sense he likes you: you’re picking up the signs unconsciously
It’s the vibe and the energy in the room, you can just sense it. It’s so obvious: he likes you!
You sense it from the guy’s behavior, his eyes, the way he talks to you, and when he’s around you; you feel it in your gut, you can genuinely tell he likes you. Your instinct tells you.
- You catch him staring, or just looking at you way too many times. And boy, does he take his time!
- He talks you out of other guys.
If you’re friends and you tell him about potential ‘threats’ for him, he’ll find a way to say something that isn’t very convenient for the other guys you’re mentioning;
2. He’s attentive & present: He’s there, really
One of the signs that he’s interested in you, is when he’s in the room with you he listens, he pays attention, and he’s present.
You know a guy likes you when he notices when you cut your bangs slightly shorter, he notices your mood changes or that thing you do with your nose when you laugh.
He notices because every time he’s there with you, he’s there, really.
- He asks you how you are, he asks you about your favorite memory of your childhood, or what makes you happy.
Not the flat questions, it’s been about the emotional ones for a while now.
- He initiates conversations. When he likes you he will find a way to initiate conversations.
He does it when you meet, or even when you text. He’ll want to hear you and share opinions with you.
- He’s going to make time for you. He’s going to call you on dates or call you to ‘just hang out’. Most importantly, he DOES NOT cancel.
Notice: if you aren’t dating, he’ll try to find ways to spend time alone with you (without David, or Monica interrupting you all the time).
3. He’s consistent with his contact and effort
When it comes to contacting you through phone or text, or to see you; he will be consistent. It’s clearly one of the most obvious signs a guy likes you.
He texts you every day or very frequently, calls you often, or wants to see you very often. Especially if you’re dating, he’ll plan dates and/or outings in a consistent manner.
- He puts an effort into making things better. His effort might manifest in picking a nice place for a date or even in making the conversation more engaging.
He’ll go out of his way to show you how joyful he can make you. He will even make changes if needed.
- He follows you on your socials. Perhaps all your socials. He likes your posts and he’s up to date when it comes to you posting something.
4. He’s playful with you: teasing and smiling
A little teasing, little smiling, little mingling, all mixed up so that you can or can’t notice and tell that he likes you.
He teases you and tries to make you laugh but he’s careful not to cross the boundaries. It’s his way to show you how he can be fun to be around and to hang out with.
- His friends give him a type of look, talk to him immediately when they see you entering the room, or try to leave you two alone.
There’s a chance he doesn’t shut up talking about you, and at some point, it’s getting annoying for his poor friends, but that’s none of our business.
- You’ve got something in common? Prepare for THE REACTION. Not the girly screaming that you get from your best friend. No.
A reaction that shows that it is a big deal to him. Similar to you telling him you don’t like sugar in your coffee, and his eyes glowing a little while he says ‘me neither, that’s crazy haha’.
This is one of those things he does without him even knowing about it. Things like mirroring you, touching your hand lightly, positioning his body towards you, and so on are gestures of a guy liking you.
It’s his body leaning towards you, facing towards you, or mirroring you. It’s the way of connecting in a non-physical, non-verbal way. Connecting through signals that your bodies are giving from a distance.
- He’s touchy-touchy, but not the creepy touch, this is the light touch that even you barely notice.
He’ll reach out for your hand, or lightly touch your arm, or your hair (if you’re dating), he’ll hug you as often as he gets the chance to.
He might also use touch as a way of flirting with you. It gets better as time goes on.
6. When in a group of people, he’s only got eyes and ears for you
You can tell by his body language, the way he looks at you, the way he pays attention when you speak, the way he looks at you to see if you’re laughing when he tells a joke: he likes you.
There are other people engaging in the conversation, but apparently, to this man, your opinions matter the most, and your laughter matters the most.
You notice he has a different approach to you when you compare it to the approach he has with other people: He does really like you.
- He gets interested in knowing whether you’re involved with someone or not.
If not directly, he will find ways to directly or indirectly ask the question “Are you romantically involved with someone or not?”
7. He tries to get your attention
You can notice this on even the smallest things like when he says or does something, either interesting or embarrassing, he looks at you.
That’s no coincidence, that’s him making sure you saw or heard the amazing thing he just did or said.
He’ll want to stand out, and get your attention; He wants you to see him, to see what he’s capable of, and just how awesome he is!
- When he likes you he’s impressed by you and what you do or say. He also tries to impress you back.
He’ll do his best on his hair, on his appearance; he’ll wear the best shirts he owns (yes, all 3 of them); he’ll make the best jokes he knows; he’ll do what he can to impress you.
- You find him making an effort to fix his appearance whenever he sees you.
That’s usually because he pays attention to you, and you care about how they perceive you and your looks.
- He tells you about things he likes, things he’s passionate about, and personal things.
Now, I’m not talking about those girly talks we have with our best friends, let’s not confuse perspectives.
Guys have a harder time talking and expressing themselves due to societal norms. His talking about himself, and his vulnerable parts, is a pretty good sign that he likes you!
8. He’s not in just for the cookie: He’s emotionally attracted to you
With someone that doesn’t like you, it’s the other way around: they stick around until it gets to the sexy times.
When he likes you, it’s going to be dinner before you get physically intimate together, and after that, it is going to be with movies, picnics, or anything else romantic.
In other words, he’s staying after getting the cookie.
- He’s not afraid to “put a label on it”. You know, he calls you girlfriend or isn’t afraid to say the R-word.
He’s going to say that what you have is a relationship, what you have is not something that can’t be labeled as a relationship.
- He introduces you to his friends. When he really really likes you, he’ll introduce you to his friends, or other people close to his heart.
- He doesn’t care about the outside judgments.
Let’s say people around you two don’t see you as a good match, or even throw judgemental opinions at you, well, he won’t care about that when he genuinely likes you.
9. He’s caring & respectful towards you and your needs
You can tell a man likes you when he shows acts of thoughtfulness like getting you little gifts, helping you out on something, or sharing things with you.
He’s respectful towards you and your boundaries, and he doesn’t cross your limits.
He’s pursuing you, and he doesn’t rush things because he respects you, he cares about you, and whatever you two are building (or trying to build) together.
- He’s supportive. No mind games or lies, he’s genuine.
He will be honest, he won’t play games with someone he likes. He will be genuine, and won’t pretend, because his intention is not ‘getting it’ from you.
- He notices the little changes and compliments you.
He’ll tell you how your eyes look pretty with that green scarf you wore today, or how interesting he finds your point of view on healthy friendships.
Keep in mind that there are different ways that people express themselves, some feel freer to express themselves, and some are keen to keep things to themselves.
10. He gets joyful when you enter the room
You know he likes you when he’s just so happy to see you. It’s quite logical, to be frankly honest. You like someone, they show up, you get all happy and joyful, you can’t help the good mood surrounding you, happy, happy, happy!
You do notice it, almost every time.
When you like someone things get a little dramatic, right? You just can’t help but see things bigger, funnier, than they actually are.
- One of the most obvious signs that a guy likes you is when he likes your jokes even if nobody else is laughing.
11. Your presence affects him: He gets nervous
This is one of the early dating signs he likes you: he gets nervous in your presence.
He stutters, blushes, “it’s very hot in here, don’t you feel it guys?”, looks at you quickly then looks the other way, you know the moves, the nervous moves.
Some guys pull it off pretty well, and some get nervous and shy. Both types have their own charm, don’t you think?
- You can tell he’s impressed by you/something you do: He’s in awe of things you do, say, things you present (including yourself).
He can’t hide much through his facial expressions and body language. If he finds you impressive, he’ll show it somehow whether he wants to or not.
12. He actually slams the sign and almost breaks your nose with it: “I like you”
He tells you that he likes you. If he did tell you, and you didn’t believe him, then you probably don’t trust him enough or have low self-esteem, or both. Each is solvable.
When you don’t value yourself enough, you find it surprising when someone else does, and because you don’t see the amazing qualities you have a sense that the person is pretending to like something in you that doesn’t exist. It’s hard to believe it.
When you don’t trust someone it’s either because they’ve shown you before that they can’t be trusted as much, or because you’re projecting past hurtful experiences into this relationship.
Again, figure it out, and start working on it, as it truly is solvable. All it takes is to take the first step: acknowledge it.
A good way of working on your insecurities and low self-esteem can be a very trusted therapist, a person you can truly rely on.
Wanna know more about whether he likes you?
So, does he really like you?
Dating someone & sharing physical intimacy with them doesn’t necessarily require to like-LIKE the person.
This is why we end up needing confirmation of our doubts.
So yes, we do need that ‘one more confirmation’. A confirmation which we swear to ourselves is going to be the last one we google this month.
We can’t hide much from each other, because we give and get signals all the time, whether we want to or not.
We give and get those vibes, especially the sexy ones. Yes, you know the ones.
To conclude all the signs in a simpler and more understandable way – 12 signs he likes you:
You can tell he likes you when you sense it when he’s present and attentive towards you when he’s consistent in his effort and communication when his body language is open and pointing toward you, and when he’s caring and respectful towards you and your needs.
If he likes you, you’ll find out. Trust. Me.
… And if you like him back, tell him for god’s sake!
20+ undeniable signs he likes you