When a man is leaving you for another woman, he doesn’t decide to do that instantly.
Yet, he might execute it immediately. That’s why it is a controversial topic.
He might try to stick around but still, his focus is not on you and you’ll notice that he’s trying to change himself and impress someone out there.
He can be quite good at hiding his feelings and you might not know that he is planning or has decided to leave you for another woman.
To end this confusion here are 10 subtle and hidden signs that he is leaving you for another woman:
1. His way of communicating changes completely
The stage of a guy, when he’s talking or meeting another woman, differs from the stage when he is leaving you for another woman.
This stage includes his deepest and strongest feelings for the other woman and when he has decided to part ways with you.
- When he is leaving you for another woman, he sets a clear barrier between you two.
- Now, he isn’t trying to disconnect from you emotionally. He has already made his decision and nothing phases him anymore.
- He won’t let you know whether he’s going out or when he’s coming home.
- If you ask him he will find a mere excuse or accuse you for trespassing.
Keep in mind that not all men act the same but you’ll notice that he’s not communicating with you as before. He’s not prioritizing you or the relationship.
2. He avoids going in public with you
I’ve been in the same position. I kept confusing the terms of keeping the relationship private and hiding my partner.
I also wanted to keep the relationship low key but things started to change slowly and it felt like the relationship wasn’t progressing.
Just picture a 25-year-old me, doing my master’s and working, but my partner wanted us just to spend time laying on our couch or watching tv.
Our dates were either home or out of state, rarely!
- Lesson number one: If you think that he likes to keep the relationship extremely private to protect you, that’s not the case.
- He’s doing it because he doesn’t want to get caught with you by another woman and find it out.
- He might have lost feelings for you but doesn’t want to confront you, that’s why he keeps you in a haze.
- Lesson number two: If he convinces you that social media aren’t his thing and posts a lot of selfies but not pictures with you, RUN!
3. He doesn’t care how he’s making you feel
This is a fundamental sign. If he doesn’t care now how he makes you feel especially if you’re in a relationship, his feelings have changed.
Now his focus is somewhere else. You might say that maybe he’s struggling with internal problems or with his family or something.
Yes, that might be a reason because a lot of people isolate themselves when they’re dealing with a lot of stress.
- Relationships have a lot of ups and downs and even if he isn’t the best communicator, he will find a way to talk or show if he still loves you.
- Yet, when he decides that his feelings are stronger for another woman, he will put the focus on her.
- This isn’t always the case because not all men are jerks and some of them will let you know what’s going on and even break up with you.
4. He smells funny or has a floral smell or is different than usual
One of the most subtle and maybe hidden signs that he is leaving you for another woman is his smell.
Yes, that might tell you a lot.
- When a man is cheating on you and keeping his options open, you’ll notice that he seems something different.
- It could be his looks or the way he interacts with you or even with whom he hangs out or what he likes.
- But one of the signs that he is leaving you for another woman is when he smells and becomes like the other person. When this is a constant thing then you’ll know!
5. He has a sudden passive-aggressive behavior
When he is leaving you for another woman, he starts to get easily irritated by you.
He tries to turn everything into a fight and make you feel small.
- Even if you ask him about the simplest thing such as where he’s going or what he’s doing, he will become defensive.
- He might even say that you’re exaggerating or that you’re constantly accusing him.
- He might even hurt you physically or verbally.
If you’re going through the same situation, please try to work with a relationship coach or even seek help from state institutions.
6. He’s “casually” joking when he leaves you what he’s going to do
If he constantly jokes that he’s going to leave you someday, and doesn’t have respect for you, he might be up to something.
- He can’t be direct about his feelings but tries to tell how he feels by making jokes and giving you hidden signals.
- He might even compare you to other women, especially to women who look like the one he might be leaving you for.
If he ever makes these types of jokes, make sure to set your boundaries and respect yourself.
If necessary, you can walk out of the relationship or any type of dating that you’re doing.
To know more about how to set your boundaries when in a relationship, we recommend you read “Boundaries and Relationships” by psychotherapist Charles L. Whitfield.
7. He might interact with you only when he needs your favor
One of the signs that he will leave you for another woman is when he always meets you on his condition.
If this started to happen lately then he might have been seeing someone else.
- He will text, call, or even meet you rarely and on his conditions.
- If he needs money or your help in general, he will drop for a short time.
- He is rarely planning dates or trying to spend time with you.
- Lastly, he doesn’t care if he is making himself look bad in front of you.
8. Suddenly he decides that he’s interested to have an open relationship
He might have a talk with you about how he has decided to search for other options.
Now, he might convince you that he still has feelings for you but he thinks that is better to navigate the relationship this way.
- What he is doing is that he is playing mind games. He is not ready to give up on you and is afraid that the other woman might not be as good as you.
- So he is playing safe. He is keeping you on the back curb.
Thus, he will continue to make you confused and yet live a single life.
9. He tries to convince you that he’s no good for you and you should seek better
He is using reverse psychology so he can manipulate you easily.
If he is leaving you for another woman and finds it hard to be upfront, he will try to convince you that he’s no good for you.
- He will start to tell you mere and unnecessary reasons why you shouldn’t be with him.
- He might even give you options with who you would be better.
- He might even say that women who “deserve” him or are like him are the opposite of you.
This situation might be exhausting and it will hurt you even more, so state what you’re looking for in a relationship and know your worth.
10. He wants to learn your plans but never mentions or includes his
One fundamental sign that he is leaving you for another woman is when he wants to know your plans and never talks about his.
- He is curious to know what you think about him and how you find the relationship and what would you do if you ever broke up with one another.
- Yet, when it comes to him to let you know what he thinks about the mutual future, he is silent or changes the subject.
- His attitude will let you know that he isn’t asking because he wants to know you more or that he cares about you.
He is preparing his territory before making a move.
How does a woman feel when he leaves her for another woman?
When he is leaving you for another woman you might feel a range of different emotions.
Starting from disappointment and being crushed to sadness and confusion, and lastly acceptance and relief.
- You might start to blame yourself for not doing too much or for not being the one for him.
- Then the rage raises with time and you feel angry at yourself and at him, maybe at the other woman too.
- Then you start to wonder what true love is and whether you can trust someone again.
- Even if he gives you closure, for some time you will still wonder how all of this happened.
- In the end, with your heart partly healed, you will embrace reality and try to move on fully.
What you will or are experiencing might feel like a hard panic attack or like there’s no tomorrow.
But, please hang on there because everyone needs your beautiful heart.
What to do if he leaves you for another woman? Can you turn the ship around?
First thing first. Don’t try to blame yourself immediately.
No matter your situation, the better solution for the moment is to try to be calm and work with a therapist.
Why am I advising you to do this because venting to friends and family at this time will only make you more confused and hurt you more?
It’s not that they don’t care about you or don’t want to give you bad advice.
But, while they’re trying to protect you, they might mislead you and you might end up being hurt more.
1. Let yourself feel to the fullest.
Even if it might feel hard to grieve and embrace reality at this moment, try it one step at a time.
Disconnect yourself from him. If you don’t live together then it might be easier to maintain No Contact.
Do not feel ashamed to cry and nag about it. It’s your right to feel every bit of emotion.
If it’s hard for you to feel whatever you’re going through try to work with a therapist and understand your feelings and emotions.
2. Shift your focus from him to yourself.
Shifting focus isn’t an easy task right now but doing it will change your life.
Try to surround yourself with people who remind you to love yourself unconditionally.
Try activities that will remind you of your self-worth. Do things that make you happy. Enhance yourself.
With time, you’ll notice that you have already started from thinking about him to thinking about you.
3. Don’t try to take revenge.
Okay, I can understand that now you might be heartbroken and it feels like your heart is bleeding.
But, revenge will never help you to define his feelings for you or change the situation.
You might think that maybe playing mind games will change his mind. Maybe he will even get back to you but will his feelings ever change?
People make mistakes but getting back with him after leaving you for another woman will make him trespass your boundaries. You’re allowing it.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
If you’re still struggling to find yourself after months then try to talk to a therapist or join any type of community that will help you.
Both of them will help you to navigate your feelings and reflect on your situation from a different point of view.
It’s understandable if you’re feeling lonely and ashamed to talk about the situation but there is no reason to feel like that.
A therapist and people that are in the same position as you will help you to define what you’re feeling and get out of this dark bubble.
To get a glimpse of what I am saying, here is a personal experience from BTaylor TV, how she overcame this situation!
Wrapping it up!
When a guy is leaving you for another woman he will set some type of barrier between you and him.
He will slowly detach himself from you emotionally and physically.
Many elements will signal you that something isn’t right and he is craving someone else.
It will feel like a one-sided relationship.
He will suddenly stop doing everything that has done before and it might state that he doesn’t feel the same.
If he is leaving you for another woman, he seems completely shut off and not interested to engage with you or participate in a relationship constantly!
Leave a Reply