Compared to other dating apps such as Tinder, Facebook Dating isn’t as popular.
When it comes to seeing whether someone is using Facebook Dating or not, it can sound quite simple since the app is a product of Facebook itself.
You might think this is easy enough since Facebook would notify you when a friend of yours joins Facebook Dating, right?
You’ve got to dig and sweat a little before you can see if someone is on Facebook Dating!
What you must know about Facebook Dating and the way it works!
Facebook Dating is a part of Facebook that is designed specifically to be used for dating. It’s a separate site, but it belongs to Facebook.
Essentially, Facebook’s users have the opportunity to hop on Facebook Dating as well if they’re looking for dating specifically.
How does it work?
Well, you start by joining the app by creating your Facebook Dating profile, which can be different from your Facebook profile.
Then you’ll get suggested matches once you join the app.
This means you’ll see profiles of people who also use Facebook Dating, and you can either like their profile or tap “X”.
If you like a person’s profile and they like you back, you’ll match, and you can have a conversation.
If your message can’t wait, you can message that person the moment you stumble upon their profile, even if they’re not your match.
Like most, if not all, dating apps and sites out there, you cannot search for people on Facebook Dating either since there is no search bar to find specific people.
That means if you’re trying to find a specific person on Facebook Dating, you have to turn to other methods because there’s no search bar you can turn to!
A sum up of a few basics about Facebook Dating:
- Facebook Dating is Facebook’s way of providing its users with an extra product for free. A product they’ll use for online dating.
- You cannot use Facebook Dating (the app) on your computer.
- Facebook Dating isn’t available in all countries in the world.
- Your Facebook friends don’t get notified when you join Dating. This means that they won’t know, and Dating won’t appear on your Facebook profile.
- Facebook Dating shows your active status but only to Facebook Dating users.
- You need a Facebook account to join Facebook Dating.
Whoever you’re looking for in this app, it all boils down to one single question: How to tell if someone is on Facebook Dating?
If you’re only using Facebook you cannot see someone that’s using Facebook Dating, be that your Facebook friend or a complete stranger.
This means that you can only see if someone is on Facebook Dating if you join the app and they appear on your suggested matches, or if you both add each other to your ‘Secret Crush’ lists.
If all this sounds voodoo and nonsense to you, then you’ll need the full guide to fully comprehend what the deal is.
Like most dating apps and sites, you cannot do a ‘search by name’ on Facebook Dating either.
This is why you have to turn to other methods to see if someone is on Facebook Dating.
Without further ado, here are 7 superb tips on how to find out if someone is on Facebook Dating!
1. Using Facebook Dating: Create your Facebook Dating account.
Joining Facebook Dating might be the easiest way and the most effective way to search for someone on Facebook Dating and end up finding them.
In fact, this is one of the very few ways that’ll allow you to find someone’s Facebook Dating profile.
Quick note: If you don’t want yourself to be noticed you can create a fake account before joining Facebook Dating.
This way if that person is trying to avoid you for whatever reason, you might have an easier time being shown in their match suggestions feed.
Essentially, you sign up for Facebook Dating through your Facebook account, or if you don’t already have a Facebook account, you can create one and join Facebook Dating and:
– Go to Settings, then to Ideal Match, and start filling in the information about your ‘ideal match’.
So, you’ve got to be super specific on this one. Fill in all the information according to the person you’re looking for on Facebook Dating.
- The basics include Distance, Gender Identity, Age Range, Height Range, Languages Spoken, etc.
Essentially, you have to fill up that information according to the traits of the person you’re trying to find on Facebook Dating.
If you’re friends on Facebook already, you might not see them, since Facebook announced that friends are unlikely to be suggested matches on Facebook Dating.
– You can add them to your ‘Secret Crush’ list.
You essentially go to ‘Secret Crush’ and simply search their profile whether they’re an Instagram follower of yours or a Facebook friend.
They’ll get notified that someone has a secret crush on them, but they’ll have no idea who it is unless they like you back and you match.
Remember, they appear on the search bar even if they aren’t using Facebook Dating.
So, you want to wait for a while and see if you match. If you do, then congrats, you’ve just found who you were looking for on Facebook Dating.
If you don’t match for a long while, you want to turn to other methods.
– Turn on ‘Suggest friends of friends’.
If you and the person you’re looking for on Facebook Dating happen to have mutual friends on Facebook, then this is the feature that’ll increase the odds of finding them.
By enabling this feature, you’ll have Facebook Dating to suggest you friends of friends on your Facebook who are also using Facebook Dating.
This super feature can help you out with this!
– Make good use of ‘Discover through interests’.
If you know this person’s interests, then you can match yours with theirs so that Facebook Dating’s algorithm detects a ‘potential match’ for you and them.
That way, you manipulate the algorithm to show their profile to your feed. And if they are on Facebook Dating and you have mutual interests, they will, eventually, appear on your feed.
On the other hand, you can also explore ‘potential matches’ through ‘Groups in Common’ or ‘Events in Common’.
Essentially, you get suggested potential matches that you have Facebook groups or events in common with.
Hence, increasing the odds of stumbling upon this person on Facebook Dating.
2. Using third-party apps to find someone on Facebook Dating.
When it comes to finding a specific person on Facebook Dating but not wasting much time, third-party apps can do wonders.
Third-party apps can make it easy for you if you’re not into creating fake accounts or possibly getting in trouble because you’re suddenly on Facebook Dating.
The trickiness of using Facebook Dating stands in the fact that you can’t simply join Facebook Dating and search for the person’s name on it to find out whether they’re using it or not.
This is where third-party apps can become very handy.
Enter the first and last name of the person you’re looking for, select the country, and press search!
Another one of those third-party apps that could be useful to you is Spokeo.
Choose what you think is the easiest for you and what’s the best option for you.
3. You can tell if your boyfriend is on Facebook Dating by checking his phone and browser history.
Now, this is where you put your detective glasses on, because we’ve got some digging to do!
This is where you get to know for sure if someone is on Facebook Dating…
Whether it’s your girlfriend, spouse, or boyfriend that you’re trying to find out whether they’re on dating apps or not, there’s a straight but morally shaky line to it.
It’s not that one method that’ll leave your conscience alone, but it might get some things figured out for you.
Facebook Dating is not available to be used through a computer, so their phone can be the only one to tell.
Get their phone when they’re not around, and
- Look for the Facebook Dating notifications,
- Check their browsing history and see if there are traces of Facebook Dating,
- You can also check their browser history since Facebook and Facebook Dating can be browsed on the web as well.
What you’ll want to look for is “Facebook Dating” and if you see it on your partner’s browsing history, they’re most probably using it.
On the other hand, if they turned the notifications off, you might have to dig a bit deeper.
If you know that your partner is a Facebook user, yet you see no notifications on their phone, then you want to check their Facebook account on their phone.
Since Facebook Dating is part of Facebook, you’ll find the notifications on the app if your partner had them turned off.
4. Join Facebook Dating groups.
There are quite some groups on Facebook named ‘Facebook Dating’. One of them is called Facebook Dating Group. It’s public and easy to access.
If the person or your boyfriend you’re trying to find has joined one of these groups it’ll be a lot easier to tell if they’re using them!
The good part about this whole thing is that you can search the members of the group.
- Go to the group (and join it if it’s private), tap on ‘Members’, then enter the name of the person on the search bar beneath,
- Take a look at the profiles shown to you using that name,
- If the profile of the person you’re looking for appears on the search results, that means they’re – at the very least – a member of this Facebook Dating group.
5. Using their email to log in as a method to find out if someone is using Facebook Dating.
It’s a risky move that I would not recommend, but it is an option!
What you want to do is:
- Go to facebook.com/dating/
- Go to “Sign In” at the top right of the screen,
- Enter their email and tap on “Forgot Password”, after that, you’ll be redirected to a page that says “Find Your Account”
- Enter their email on the “Find Your Account” search bar and tap “Search.”
- If they’re using Facebook Dating, you’re likely to have the email found.
- However, if they’re not using Facebook Dating, you’ll get a “No Search Results” notification on the screen.
This is a risky choice because they might get a notification or an email because of this attempt to log in on a particular device.
Now, that wouldn’t be a problem if they’d be oblivious to the person who attempted to log in with their email.
It would, however, be a problem if you two already discussed this issue.
Again, it’s risky, but it’s up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.
Lack of trust can be highly troubling within a relationship.
It is even more troubling if you have issues determining whether your insecurities are coming from your partner’s behavior or from an inner part of you that has no ‘material’ basis to fuel your insecurities.
It takes a trusted and highly professional therapist to offer you a clear view and guide you to healthier ways of practicing romance. You’re not alone, a hero is within your reach!
6. Your friends who use Facebook Dating can help too.
We all have single friends who have joined or are willing to join any dating apps just for the sake of it.
They’re single, and in this aspect, they don’t feel they’ve got much to lose.
So, how can your friends help you in your search for someone on Facebook Dating?
- Ask your close single friends who use Facebook Dating to look out for the specific person;
- In case they find them, ask them to have screenshots of the profile, or if you’re feeling bold, to engage with the person to see if they’re active;
- If a friend who’s single but didn’t join Facebook Dating is willing to do so for you, they can adjust the ‘interests’ and ‘preferences’ according to your person.
- This creates an advantage since if you’re friends on Facebook with the person you’re trying to find, their profile is very likely to appear on their feed if they turn on ‘Suggest friends of friends’.
7. Is this your partner? Talk to them and see if they’re using Facebook Dating.
Honesty and trust can be an issue within the relationship since you’re left wondering whether your partner is on Facebook Dating or not.
However, communication and a genuine conversation can be another shot for trust to build within your relationship.
If you’re trying to know if someone is on Facebook Dating, and that someone is your partner, then you have to talk to them.
It’s a lot easier said than done, but your relationship needs this conversation.
And it is as difficult as it may sound. You might’ve thought about it by now, I’m sure!
This is your partner and the doubt that they’re cheating online. Of course, it’s a hard pill to swallow no matter how relieving the truth is afterward.
Here are some examples of how to talk to your partner if you’re trying to find out if they’re on Facebook Dating or not:
- “I’ve been having doubts recently. And I’d like to talk about this with you because I care for you and our relationship. I’m starting to think you’re using Facebook Dating. Is it just me?”
- “I deeply care for you and I deeply love you with all my heart. But I have a feeling that you’re using dating apps. I need your help here. Is it true?”
- “We’ve been distant recently, and I get it. I just need to get this off my chest so that we can work things out together. Are you using dating apps?”
The catch about Facebook Dating and finding someone in there!
Besides the effectiveness of the methods, some ways make them easily tresspassable.
If you’re looking for a person who’s trying to avoid you on Facebook Dating, then they can pull it off quite easily if they use the app’s options wisely.
Here are some ‘tricks’ that might distort your path to find out if someone is using Facebook Dating:
- One can block someone on Facebook Dating without blocking them on Facebook;
- One can create a fake Facebook Dating account. I.e. not use their real name or pictures;
- Secure folders can also hold apps and not only pictures (they can come in handy for them if you check their phone);
- Lies, like “I would never do that to you.” or “I haven’t used that app ever since I met you” while holding eye contact with you;
- They can delete their browsing history.
Answering your questions about Facebook Dating!
– If you are on Facebook Dating does it show you are active on Messenger?
No, you’re not shown as active on Messenger if you’re on Facebook Dating.
Facebook and Facebook Dating are indeed related, but when using them they work separately.
– Does Facebook Dating show your friends?
No, Facebook Dating doesn’t show your friends unless you match through adding each other to your ‘Secret Crush’ lists.
Facebook claims that Facebook Dating only shows you people who would match you in the dating realm. That means people who might share similar interests to you.
Besides, you can block someone on Dating and have them on your list of friends on Facebook and have that list unaffected.
This means you can select who you don’t want to see or stumble upon while using Facebook Dating.
– Is Facebook Dating good?
Whether Facebook Dating is good or not entirely depends on your preferences. However, a lot of people who have used it decided to turn to other dating apps.
That is likely due to the simplicity and popularity of the other dating apps.
If you’re looking for more variety and options, then Facebook Dating might not fulfill that need of yours.
On the other hand, you’ve got to try it yourself. What’s good for Jessica might be awful for Hannah. Give it a try!
– Can your friends see you on Facebook Dating?
No, your friends cannot see you on Facebook Dating.
Unless you both add each other to your ‘Secret Crush’ list and they join Facebook Dating, they can’t see you in there.
– What does ‘Recently used Dating’ mean on Facebook?
Recently used Dating on Facebook means that that person has recently used Facebook Dating.
This is why checking out this status is one of the best ways to check if someone is active on Facebook Dating.
Alike to the messenger online status, Facebook Dating shows when someone has been recently active on the app.