Going on a date with a person that you are interested in can be very fun and exciting!
But then there’s the sneaky thought that kicks in: “What if we run out of things to say?”
Well, you can have things to talk about as long as you’re curious and interested in one another!
It goes without saying that good questions make the conversations flow like a river in spring.
Though, there are right and wrong questions that you can ask on the first date. I’ve got the right ones for you!
Here are the most awesome 122 questions you can ask on the first date:
Romantic questions to ask on a first date to make them go “Aawwww”
When asking the right romantic questions on the first date, you’ve got to keep it balanced and flowing. You don’t want to overstep boundaries!
One of the best ways to go about it is to ask about something that you are genuinely curious about.
When you think of romantic questions, it’s not all about the idea of love, but also the intimate details that shape that person.
Here are 20 romantic questions you ask your partner on the first date:
1. What brings you joy in life?
2. What does your ideal day look like?
3. Is there something that motivates you to wake up every day?
4. How did your past relationships affect the shaping of the person in front of me?
5. How would your friends describe you in three words?
6. What’s your take on love?
7. What’s one thing from your bucket list you think it’s going to be hard to accomplish? Why?
8. When was the last time you laughed to tears?
9. What motivates you to keep going when you feel burnt out?
10. When was the last time you felt loved?
11. What makes you have butterflies in your stomach?
12. What’s your favorite part when it comes to a relationship?
13. Where is your favorite place to calm down?
14. What do you think makes you unique from others?
15. What is your favorite childhood memory?
16. What’s your favorite memory from your teen years?
17. What’s a comment you will remember forever? Why?
18. What’s one thing you could never guess about me?
19. What’s your favorite habit?
20. What do you do to always keep growing (professionally, mentally, personality…)?
21. How do you manage a sad moment?
22. How would you like others to see you?
23. Have you ever experienced true love?
24. What is your definition of love?
25. What’s your favorite quality about yourself?
26. What is a regret you have about love?
27. Would you rather experience your first kiss or your last kiss? Why?
28. Do you have a favorite person in the world, who are they?
29. What would you like to do for the first time again?
30. Is love the most exquisite feeling? Why?
Spicy questions to ask on a first date to keep your conversation interesting and flirty
Spicy questions are a great way to make a date flirty and interesting. Hell, you’ll be remembered for a lifetime!
The word “spicy” does not mean to come off as nosy or sexual. It’s about the timing, the wording, and the landing of the question that makes it cool.
Be careful to not overstep their boundaries and make them uncomfortable with your curiosity.
Take a look at 32 spicy questions you can ask on your first date:
1. What did you think of me when you first saw me?
2. Would you pass on the opportunity of a kiss on the first date?
3. How do you tell a person you like them?
4. Where’s your favorite place to be kissed?
5. What’s something you’d never refuse from your date?
6. What’s your best flirty move? Show me!
7. What is a turn-on for you?
8. What’s the biggest turn-off a date could do?
9. Cuddling or kissing? Why?
10. What drives you crazy about a potential partner?
11. Would you consider yourself a good kisser?
12. If your love life was a movie what would it be called?
13. How would your ex-partners describe you to me?
14. Do you have any hot takes?
15. What is the longest time you’ve stayed single?
16. Has anyone ever confessed their feelings towards you? How did it go?
17. What’s your favorite thing about a relationship?
18. How would you describe yourself in the flirting game?
19. What is your favorite body part?
20. If you had to convince someone of your attractiveness, how would you say it in one word?
21. What does your ideal partner look like?
22. Have you ever stalked someone online?
23. What’s something you don’t like when you’re in a relationship?
24. What can a person do to make you feel comfortable?
25. What makes you feel appreciated by your partner?
26. Do you wish your relationship was like those in movies?
27. What’s a movie scene you’d like to be part of as the main character?
28. Are you the jealous type?
29. What has your partner done that has thrown you off guard?
30. What do you consider romantic?
31. What would you like to try with me?
32. What’s a deal breaker when it comes to dates and romance?
Funny questions to ask on a first date to make your date laugh their butt off!
We all know how the first date gets you frozen a little. To warm things up and unfreeze you a little, you’ve got to turn to jokes and humor!
One thing is for sure, if you crack some jokes and include humor in your questions, the better your first date will go.
Thus, if you’re funny by nature, use it to your advantage and make your date laugh by asking funny questions.
When you laugh, the brain releases dopamine, the happy hormone, which will make your date more attracted to you.
So here are 30 funny questions you can ask on a date:
1. What’s the oddest talent you have?
2. If you had 100 dollars and had to spend it in a toy store, what would you buy?
3. What were you afraid of as a kid?
4. What’s the funniest pickup line you’ve ever heard of?
5. What is your routine after a long day?
6. Who’s a celebrity your 5-year-old self would die to meet?
7. What’s a story you have never told your parents/friends?
8. What’s your guilty pleasure?
9. What’s something stupid/funny you believed in as a child?
10. If you could relive a moment in childhood, which would it be?
11. What gives you the “ick”?
12. What was your nickname when you were younger?
13. If you were a muppet, which one would you be?
14. What made you spill your water from your mouth and nose?
15. Has anyone ever confused you for someone else? Who was it?
16. What’s something that you’ve done as a child that still embarrasses you today?
17. What’s something you do that makes you go “Oh, I’m getting old”?
18. What did your last drunk text say?
19. What’s an unusual food combo that smashes?
20. What was a first that became a last because you didn’t like it?
21. What did you do that was cool in the past but now isn’t?
22. Did you send nudes to someone else accidentally?
23. What’s a story you’re too embarrassed to tell? Tell me!
24. What is your go-to karaoke song?
25. What’s a joke that never makes someone else laugh?
26. What would you say is your most annoying quality?
27. Do you have a ghost story? If so, tell me about it.
28. If you were a boy/girl for a day, what would you do?
29. What’s your best wingman/woman story?
30. What’s the longest-lasting lie you have ever told?
Deep questions to ask on a first date to get to know your date better
When going on the first date, knowing more about the other person is determinative if you’d like to go on another date with them.
So, asking funny and spicy questions on the first date helps you keep it interesting and engaging, but you’ll also need some of those deep ones!
Nonetheless, it doesn’t mean that you can ask any intimate questions. Avoid questions that would make you squirm in your seat.
Here are 30 deep questions to ask on your first date:
1. What’s one piece of advice that has helped you during rough times? Do you still use it now?
2. How would you describe the feeling of love when you last felt it?
3. How would you react if your values and morals were stepped over?
4. What would you say is your best personality trait?
5. How have you changed in the past year?
6. How do you face disappointment?
7. Who’s your role model? Why?
8. Are you acceptive of criticism? How do you deal with it?
9. What’s your biggest achievement?
10. What do you think makes a relationship survive?
11. What helps you relax?
12. What’s one rule that you live by?
13. How do you think technology will impact dating life?
14. What’s something you catch yourself taking for granted?
15. Have you managed to do all of your New Year’s resolutions?
16. What goes on in your mind that sometimes keeps you up all night?
17. What’s your favorite spontaneous moment that you’d regret doing?
18. What’s keeping you from achieving your dream?
19. What did a teacher say to you that inspired you to do better?
20. What’s a movie quote that resonates with you?
21. Have you ever doubted yourself?
22. Do you believe in parallel universes?
23. Would you like to live forever? Why?
24. Do you think morality is what makes human lives important?
25. Have you ever experienced Deja-vu? When? What was it about?
26. Have you ever felt someone else’s pain?
27. What do you do to get yourself to sleep when it seems impossible?
28. What aren’t you envious of?
29. What’s an “I wish the ground would swallow me” moment?
30. If you were a villain, who would you be?
What kind of questions should I avoid on the first date?
Amid nervousness, you might be tempted to ask questions about any topic that comes to mind without considering the other person.
Some topics are better to be left unexplored on the first date as they might make it end slightly earlier than you wanted.
Look for social clues that your date might display when talking about anything, and transition to another topic when you see the disapproval of continuing that conversation.
Here are some general questions on certain subjects you should try to avoid on the first date:
– Avoid questions about past relationships.
It is a bit early to ask about past relationships and why they ended. It is also very personal and might make the other person uncomfortable.
They might not want to share about their ex-s and also they might feel attacked if you straightforwardly show aggressive interest.
The topic might come up, however, make sure to navigate it properly.
You might want to consult with your date before asking questions that might put them on the spot.
– You shouldn’t ask about their finances.
Avoid talking about money on the first date. That might make you look money hungry, and if you’re curious, google it later.
Any questions about credit card debt, student loans, and yearly salary should be avoided.
Finances are a hot topic for some to talk about, so just don’t bring it up.
If you just want to talk about financial genealogy, you should start with the topic of current inflation and how that has affected your lifestyle.
But be careful not to make your date pressured to talk about it. If you sense hesitation, just move on to another topic.
– Avoid discussing political beliefs.
Asking questions about politics on the first date might not be the greatest idea, no matter how comfortable you are discussing that topic.
Usually, when people talk about politics, it’s less about a discussion but rather a strong debate on who’s wrong and right.
If your career is around politics, be careful how you present your views around your date. Avoid telling them how they are wrong or foolish.
Because the conversation can escalate rather quickly, it is recommended to avoid making questions about political beliefs.
– Don’t ask about their family unless they want to talk about it.
Against common beliefs, not all families are loving and perfect.
Therefore, making assumptions about them will either make your date play along with the narrative or burst your bubble.
Moreover, you don’t know if that person has a family in the first place, and asking about them might remind your date of unfortunate events.
The only time this might be an expectation is if you have known your date previously and you are aware of their family arrangements.
– Avoid questions about their appearance and body.
A common mistake which is rather sad to admit is when you ask your date about their appearance and body.
This topic makes a lot of people uncomfortable because of their confidence in themselves, and the beauty standards of the culture they live in.
Do give them a nice compliment on the hard work they put in to look good for you, but anything that might be even slightly uncomfortable should be avoided.
Asking the right questions on the first date is rather difficult. You will be jumping in a lot of hot water and going with the flow.
When asking questions, you need to show genuine curiosity and create a safe environment for your date in order not to feel judged.
Strive to be the best version of yourself because first impressions matter.
Give them a small peek at your weird, quirky, funny, majestic self. Don’t be ashamed to show the real you.
When in need of advice, you know who to reach!