Your partner is acting distant lately and has not been much present in your life.
He’s saying he’s always busy, has things to do, and is ignoring your calls.
You know that this is just not him. The behavior you see him display is not part of his character.
Infidelity is something you do not wish for even for your worst enemy. It drains you emotionally and creates self-doubt.
And now you’re concluding that he is sleeping with someone else. You just have this gut feeling that he is.
So dear reader, here are physical 14 signs he’s sleeping with someone else.
1. He displays aggravated behavior
The usual sweetness and calmness that he once used to possess have suddenly transformed into angry behavior.
All of a sudden he gets angry at you for nothing and is annoyed by everything that you do.
This might be a sign that he might be sleeping with someone else and he feels guilty about it.
Since he doesn’t know how to process his feelings, it seems to him that aggravation would be the best way to deal with guilt.
2. He accuses you of cheating on him
The projection of his actions into you might be a tell-tale sign that he is sleeping with someone else.
Because he thinks that since he’s cheating on you, the same thing is being done to him.
He will constantly accuse you of sleeping with someone else, and if you tell him he’s projecting, he’ll deny it and get even angrier.
Such a display of behavior further solidifies your suspicions about his actions towards you.
3. He’s spending more and more time at work
Usually, he used to come home at a specific time that he never missed before. However, lately, he has been coming home later and later.
And when you ask for an explanation, he says that work kept him late or he met up and caught up with some friends over a drink at the pub.
Sure, this irregularity in behavior doesn’t signal something promiscuous.
But, if this has been happening for quite some time and sometimes he doesn’t come home at all, then it might be a strong indicator that he is sleeping with someone else.
4. He is taking more care of his appearance
Keeping himself well-groomed and clean is not something out of the ordinary. However, he spends more time paying attention to his looks nowadays.
He’s going to the gym and has taken on some new sports. That’s something he didn’t have any prior interest in.
Also, his interest in fashion is hitting its peak. He buys new clothes and shoes and spends a lot of time in front of the mirror fixing his hair and beard.
This sudden change of behavior in keeping himself groomed and changing his physical appearance might be a sign that there is someone he’s trying to impress, and might be sleeping with her as well.
5. He’s taking a shower as soon as he gets home
Unless he gets really dirty while he works or some kind of foul smell is stuck on him, he wouldn’t rush to take a shower as soon as he gets home.
Therefore, if your partner never did this before, but abruptly started taking a shower as soon as he comes home from work, it might be because he’s sleeping with someone else.
To hide any residue from their sexual act, he washes off any evidence that there might have been left.
There might have been lipstick marks or a perfume scent from her that needs to be washed off.
6. His cologne is mixed with another perfume, and it is not yours
He’s been smelling like another woman. As much as you can try to deny it to yourself, that’s not your perfume.
And he might try to come up with an excuse that he met up with his relatives, but you are already aware of his social activity to know how believable that is.
The scent of a new perfume that comes off his clothes is a pretty good, though heartbreaking, indicator that he might be sleeping with someone else.
7. He’s showing a lack of interest in your sex-life
Your sex life had been going great and you seemed happy and content with it. You were both actively having sex a couple of times a week.
However, you might have noticed that sexy time has started to decrease day by day. Any time you bring it up, he says that everything is fine.
You can tell that he is coming up with excuses every time you suggest intimacy. He’s busy, tired from work, wants to take a break, or doesn’t feel like it.
This never seemed to be a problem before. Therefore, he might be getting his ‘needs’ met somewhere else.
Keep an eye out for this sudden loss of interest in your sexual life. Unfortunately, this might be a sign that he’s sleeping with someone else.
8. He’s trying something new in bed all of a sudden
You’re still having great sex, but something seems to have changed.
He’s trying new styles on you that he didn’t before, and you didn’t even discuss it together previously. He suddenly seems to be good at it.
And then the mind wanders to different places about how he found out about it, and how he became good at it.
Well, there might be a pretty good chance that he was introduced and taught by the person he might be sleeping with.
9. There are ‘love marks’ on his body that you didn’t leave
This is something you can see and it will break your trust in him.
Marks left on his body are something that he can not hide. And it will be also harder to conceal if you haven’t been sexually active for some time.
Unfortunately, finding hickeys and scratches engraved on his body is undoubtedly a subtle sign that he might be sleeping with someone else.
However, when infidelity is in the picture, these mistakes are often carefully avoided by the cheating partners.
10. He has become physically distant
If you’re used to touching, kissing, cuddling, hugging and any type of physical touch, you will feel the absence when he pulls away.
And when you try to initiate anything, he tries to avoid it or tells you not to do it. At some point, he might even get angry at you for giving him a kiss or a hug.
Physical detachment is one of the significant signs that you should look out for. As it is one of the earliest physical signs that your partner might be sleeping with someone else.
11. He guards his phone with his life
It used to be fine for you to check his phone, and time after time even use it. He didn’t seem to mind, and you didn’t make it a habit out of it.
Now, he’s using it nonstop and won’t leave it alone for a minute. When you ask him if you can use it for a bit, he gets defensive and won’t let you.
Or you hear that a message has been sent to him and you want to pass the phone along, he acts nervous and anxious and grabs it fast out of your hand.
This erratic behavior alludes that there might be something he’s trying to hide from you. That can be a surprise trip for both of you or the texts he got from the woman he’s sleeping with.
12. He has started to look at other women
Commenting on a celebrity’s looks while watching a movie together isn’t anything that can damage your relationship. You can rather joke around by throwing around comments.
However, that behavior becomes unacceptable when he’s eyeing girls on the street, friends, or colleagues.
You have caught him:
- Making snarky comments at other girls
- Eyeing them up and down
- Commenting on their appearance
- Being flirty with them
- Initiating touch
- Comparing you to them
This behavior showcases that his interests have expanded beyond you, and seemingly he doesn’t think that his behavior is wrong.
Then you should also prepare yourself for the possibility that he’s sleeping with someone else.
13. He’s lying about his whereabouts
You have never had a problem before with the places he visits and he goes to with his friends. It is rather knowing where he is in case of any emergency.
But, there have been quite some instances where he has lied about his location.
You have been told by friends that they saw him in another place from the one he told you about, or you were at the same place he claimed but he wasn’t there.
It starts with small lies until they grow into something gigantic.
If he still keeps his location secret from you, this might indicate that he’s spending his time with someone else and there’s an even higher possibility that he is also sleeping with her.
14. He’s reluctant of seeing your parents and friends
The family activities were something that he loved to take part in, and was always sociable in them.
However, it seems that lately, he has been trying to avoid meeting up with your family and even his for that matter. It seems that there is a lack of interest to be a part of it anymore.
Something always comes up when meeting the family in question, or he has even started to make rude comments toward them.
You have no idea where this attitude is coming from since he used to be such a family man.
Meeting up with families can really take a toll on you when you’re doing something wrong to a loved one.
It’s one of the reasons why men tend to detach physically from family meetups when sleeping with someone else.
How to deal with an unfaithful partner? Here’s what you can do!
It is not easy. All of this emotional investment that you have put into the relationship will be a tough burden to bear.
There is no easy way to accept that your partner has been sleeping with someone else. You will be dealing with an avalanche of emotions.
As impossible as it seems to go through this pain, there are some things you can do about it.
– Confront him about it when you have confirmed your suspicions of him sleeping with someone else. Now’s the time to ask him about the behavior that led to this outcome.
– Don’t beg him to stop sleeping with the other woman and continue the relationship. It’s okay to want to salvage your relationship, however, you should show that you deserve respect and to be loved unconditionally.
– Ask for some space to process it, take all the time you need to go through the emotional rollercoaster that you have been put in. Take your time to figure out your thoughts and how you want to confront him.
– Take comfort in your family/friends, they can be a safe shoulder to rely on, however, don’t let their views of cheating, conflict with your decisions. You can ask them to be there for you as emotional support but not make decisions for you.
– Don’t let your partner’s words guide you to change your beliefs or the decision you have come upon. It is his primary reaction to deny your accusations, and try to hide or change the fact that he indeed slept with someone else.
– You shouldn’t blame yourself or let him blame you as this is out of your control, and it shouldn’t be something that you should have control over. There is mutual trust that needs to be built to avoid unwanted situations.
– Go to relationship consulting if you think that you want to continue the relationship, and, of course, if your partner agrees too. It will guide you on what are the following steps that you should take to create a healthy relationship and help you deal with it through session therapy.
– Practice forgiveness even if it is the last thing you want to do – this doesn’t mean getting back with him. It will give you relief and unburden you from all the negative feelings accumulated during this process.
How do I confront a cheating partner?
It’s hard enough to know that he’s sleeping with someone else, but it is even harder to decide how you want to approach him about it.
You just feel like you want to call him out while you are bursting with emotions and tell him how much he has hurt you.
There is no best or right way to confront him about his deeds. However, you can follow these steps that can prepare you for the confrontation phase.
– Make sure that your accusation is valid since it is a serious case to accuse him of cheating on you.
Thus, you have to be 100% sure of it and have enough evidence collected to present to him when the time comes.
– Take time to calm down and process it.
Don’t pick up the phone right away and accuse him of sleeping with someone else. In that moment of having strong and frantic behavior, you lose credibility. Take your time to calm down.
– Give them a chance to come clean about what he did.
Tell him that you already know everything and you’re just giving him the chance to explain his actions upon sleeping with someone else. There is no use in denying it, you just want him to accept what he has done.
– Don’t speak with an accusatory tone as he will feel attacked and will respond in the same manner.
His instinct will be to deny his actions and blame you for everything. Rather try to have a calm and rational conversation to make do with the situation. Show him the evidence as to why you think he’s sleeping with someone else
– Inquire about the reasons behind his actions.
It is your right to know what went wrong to prevent this from happening again in the future. Don’t let yourself be swayed by excuses.
– Decide whether this has crossed your boundaries as to whether it is upon you to live with his actions.
If he has crossed your boundaries, you shouldn’t be lenient about it.
– Think about how you want to proceed with this relationship.
Is it something you want to continue and try to fix, or whether you’d like to leave it? However, don’t feel pressured to do anything against your will.
Finally, there are many signs that can help you figure out if he’s sleeping with someone else. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t feel lost and betrayed by his actions either.
So you should tackle everything one day at a time, take care of yourself and decide how you want to handle things.
Nobody deserves to be cheated on.
Keep in mind that cheating is a decision. It is not your fault, on the contrary, it’s a toxic choice your partner made.