Giving it another shot would put an end to the ‘What ifs’. But how how is that done?
A well-written paragraph where you show your respect for the time you had together and the wish to reconcile.
No manipulative tricks. No playing the victim. We don’t do toxicity around here!
You can get your ex back as long as you both keep things genuine. So, should you text your ex and tell them that you want them back?
If that doesn’t cross their boundaries, absolutely!
Studies have found numerous reasons exes reunite. A well-written paragraph can turn into a reason for your reuniting. Here’s how it’s done!
1. Own up to Your Mistake: 5 paragraphs to admit your wrongdoings.
If you have been resisting texting your ex till date, making the first move can be a little difficult. With a bit of courage, you can do this the right way!
Why did you break up? Was it because of a mistake you made? If yes, be bold about owning up to it.
Apologizing for your mistake and telling them you are willing to work on it can be a game changer. Whether you are a girl apologizing to your guy or vice versa, the right selection of words can make a difference.
Here are some paragraphs:
- I’m sorry for everything that happened between us, and I regret treating you that way. I realize it was me who pricked the final nail to our relationship. The last few days have been difficult, and I can’t help but admit I can’t afford to lose you. Will you please give us a second chance?
- I’ve been working on myself and in all my ugly parts that caused hurt to you. I’ve left my bad habits behind, and I’m still learning. I don’t want to lose you. The thought of not seeing your face again terrifies me. Can we talk?
- Hi, I know it was my mistake last time, and I’m sorry. I have realized in the past few days that I ruined the beautiful thing we had, and I’m sincerely apologizing to you. I understand if you want to move on and not contact me again. But if there’s still a spark left, please let’s not let it die.
- What’s more painful is understanding that I can’t afford to lose you, hence, texting you here. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done and for every tear I’ve caused you to shed. These are not empty words, I’m ready to make it up to you with my actions. Can we talk, please?
- I apologize for my words, my behavior, and every wrongdoing. My intention was never to hurt you, yet I did. I know an apology alone doesn’t fix things. If and when you’re ready, I’d like to have a talk with you.
Try giving them the space to talk about how they feel without manipulating them into feeling guilt.
Own up to your mistakes and show vulnerability and willingness to let them go if they don’t want to be a part of this.
You’re the ex texting during no contact after all. You must show respect and openness to their feelings or even no response.
2. Let Them Know That You Have Forgiven Them.
It’s time to view this from a different angle: It was their mistake, and you forgave them.
Doesn’t matter if you can’t get over them or you simply made peace with what happened and you’re ready to forgive. These are your paragraphs:
- What you did was very hurtful, but I see you past those actions. You’re very important to me, hence I’m willing to give us one more chance.
We will need to discuss boundaries, set new ones, and work on our trust, but I’m willing to do the work it takes. Let’s start slow and gentle.
- Hi, [name]. Firstly, sorry I went radio silence. But I genuinely needed time to think things through. The break-up has not been easy and after days of thought, I’m texting you to tell you that I truly want to give it a second chance. I know I told you last time that I can’t forgive you, but you’re very important to me. I’m willing to give this another try.
- Hi, [name]. I’m grateful that you respected my need for space during these days, and I’m sorry I haven’t responded sooner.
We’ve been through a lot, and we have so many beautiful memories together. I’m still hurt, but I’m willing and ready to give our relationship another try.
- I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner. I took my time and space, for which I’m super grateful you respected me. I can’t just let everything go. I’m willing to understand you and hear you further about this.
- I forgive you. I’m ready to give our relationship another try. This time we have to make things right. Set and respect boundaries. Let’s talk when you’re free.
Their fault doesn’t ensure they’ll be ready for reconciliation. That’s why you have to maintain a respectful approach.
Leave room for answers for them to let you know what their opinion on this is.
Please note that the above examples are a good fit irrespective of genders. Whether you’re texting your ex-girlfriend or your ex-boyfriend, this approach can be helpful .
3. Letting Them Know the Patch Up is MOST Important to You.
Now, moving to a different perspective. Forget whose fault it was: be it you, them, or the situation.
Right now, you want to get your ex back, and that’s what matters to you the most. That’s what you want to let them know about in your paragraphs!
Here are some of them:
- I’m letting go of my ego, looking past grudges and edges. I want to stick to my favorite person. My person. You.
- I’m texting you to tell you I still love you and miss you a lot. I don’t care what went wrong last time or whose fault it was; This patch-up is most important to me, and I couldn’t keep it to myself anymore. Can it be a new start, leaving the negativity behind?
- I want to know that you’re well, I want to see your face every day. I miss you like crazy. It’s not my intention to disrupt you or your peace. I’m just wishing there’s still hope for us. Do you have a moment to talk?
- The last few days have been very difficult for me. I can’t imagine not hearing your voice or seeing your face again. I’m ready and willing to do what it takes to make things right again.
- Things happened the way they did and we both played our parts in all this. I’m terribly sorry for how things ended. I’ve been missing you like crazy! Do you have a minute?
- I know things ended badly and that it will be difficult for us to get back to normal. I know there’s still resentment, but I’m willing to take it because I love you, [their name]. Can we give this another try?
- You are the love of my life regardless of the relationship we have with one another, be it partners or exes. I’d rather be spending time with you. If you’re not on the same page, I understand.
- I don’t want to bother you, and this is not easy to do without feeling like the clingy and needy ex. I’ve been missing you like crazy. Can we talk?
- Let’s make things right this time. I know you miss me too. I’m looking past my ego here. I promise to leave you alone if you’re not willing to have this conversation. This is my last try.
- [name], you’re my person. And I know things went horribly, but I can’t help but think that we might have a chance to make things right again. I can’t not see your face.
That’s it. You tell them what you want loud and clear. Now, it’s on them to decide what they want.
4. Bring Up the Good Memories You Had.
You still feel connected to them and the memories you’ve had together. It’s time to let them know without imposing a decision. Here’s how:
- Hi, I know things weren’t right the last time or how it ended, we could have handled it better. The break helped me understand that I want to be with you because that’s where my happy place lies. I’m ready to give up on all the past issues and give our relationship a fresh start. Can we work this out?
- Hi. It’s 7th November today. I became emotional today and thought of texting you. Can’t we bring back those good memories? I think we can, but we need to put in more effort. I want to go to many more movie dates with you. I want to create more memories with you.
- The winter’s around the corner. I miss making snow angels with you. I miss your joy and presence. Can we talk?
- I know things didn’t go that well. This day marks a year since the first time we exchanged our I love yous. I’m holding on to the good memories, and I can’t let go. I don’t want this to be over.
- Last year, we went to the mall for Christmas shopping, and you gave me a ride back home. The days are still vivid in my mind. Isn’t it possible to get back to those good old times?
- I miss what we had; I truly miss Us. I don’t want to sing in the car with anyone else but you. Can we start everything fresh and start recreating the memories together?
- I don’t want the walks in the park anymore. It’s not fun without you and your charm. If or when you’re ready to talk, I’ll be here, willing to give us another try.
- A little girl with a yellow raincoat passed by and I couldn’t help but think of how much you loved the color yellow. How have you been doing?
- I had hot chocolate at our spot today. The taste was the exact same. But not the experience. I miss our happy times!
- I haven’t gone to the movies in a long time. The thought of going there without you scares me. It would be too much to handle. It is too much to handle without you right now. Do you have a moment to talk?
While bringing up the beautiful moments you spent together, you might add a tiny touch of flirty compliment.
Like, if you’re texting your ex-boyfriend, you might tell them how you smelt a male perfume today and it reminded you of them.
If you’re writing the paragraph to your ex-girlfriend you might leave a small compliment about their eyes like how much you miss someone’s beautiful lashes!
Wrapping Up – The Paragraph to an Ex You Want Back? Sent!
With that, we end our discussion on the top paragraph ideas to send your ex whom you want back. Feel free to moderate the paragraphs based on your situation.
Remember, my dear, to keep it simple, concise, yet effective.
Your tone mustn’t come around to be ‘desperate’ or ‘casual’. Prepare your paragraph with emotions, precisely what you have felt inside you.
Avoid using movie lines, or things that don’t speak to your heart. Keep it genuine and real.
Then, see if they hear you. If yes, wonderful! Talk it out and patch things up.
If not, that’s not the end of the world, dear. Someone that you truly deserve will be somewhere in your journey to give you immense joy and love.