Everybody experiences bad and wrong situations, and dealing with them can be a difficult task.
But having someone to share them with and comfort you, can surely make it easier to heal from.
This doesn’t mean you have to take on the role of a therapist or write long paragraphs, all it takes is a simple loving/ comforting text message.
Here are some simple texting methods you can comfort your boyfriend when he is feeling stressed :
1. Tell them what he is feeling is valid
Sending supportive texts can be more effective than its sounds, especially in the heat of the moment gives insight to him that things can get better.
Not only that but saying the right words and doing the right gesture also helps him feel more loved and appreciated.
According to, Dr. Nancy Irwin, validation is everything, and agreeing that they are going through a lot can help them feel better.
1. “I can imagine what you are going through, just know I’m here always if you need me.”
2. “Think about looking at this on the bright side, after every bad day there is a good one waiting.”
3. “Baby, it is completely normal for you to feel like this right now, there is nothing wrong with expressing your feelings. I will be here to listen.”
4. “How you feel is important to me babe, and no matter together will get through anything.”
5. I am sorry that happened baby, I wish I could give you a hug rn. Let me know when you are ready to talk”
6. “I Know you are stressed right now, regardless of the situation you are strong enough to not let it bother you”
7. “Hey babe, you don’t seem to be in the best mood, is there anything I can do?
8. “Just know stressing over it won’t help the problem, please take care of yourself.“
9. “Being hard on yourself won’t make anything better so for the sake of you and me, be nice and forgive for making mistakes”
2. Choose sweet and loving words
When your boyfriend needs comfort, sending him heartwarming words can remind him of your love and support.
It shows availability you are there when he needs you the most.
His turning to you is a sign he trusts you and feels comfortable enough to talk about what’s bothering him.
1. “Don’t let it bother you, babe, I am counting the minutes till I get to snuggle you.”
2. “I love you so much and seeing you like this makes my heart suffer.”
3. “Do not give up sweetheart, your well-being matters to me, always keep in mind as long as I’m here, you are not alone”
4. “I’m so proud of you for coming so far, don’t let little bumps in the road distract you”
“5. “You are loved and appreciated, and got many people cheering for you”
6. “Baby, don’t let this ruin your day, it won’t be like this forever”
7. “Anything you think of you will achieve so don’t worry about little wrongs they are inevitable. “
8. “Right now, I am sending you all my love and support, you are the stronger boy I know”
3. Suggest something to do to take his mind off
While sending sweet and supportive messages can be helpful, there are many times when what a person needs most is a distraction.
He may not be in the right head space to think clearly, and at that moment, he relies on you.
1. Remind him to watch his favorite tv show or comedy, making him laugh with stuff he enjoys can be a great way to change his mood.
2. Send him a playlist with a happy hip-hop song he enjoys.
3. If he is a gym boy, suggest he goes to the gym and lift or go outside for a run together.
4. Tell him you are picking him up for a ride “Im coming to pick you up and go on a ride where we can talk.”
5. Go and bake him something he loves and send over the picture “I made this so you feel better” ❤️
6. Just wanted to remind you that you’re amazing and loved. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, maybe take a break from whatever you’re doing and go for a walk or do something you enjoy
7. “If you are feeling low, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional. I caribou you and want you to be better”
8. If you need some space, it is okay baby. Just know that I’m here if you wanna talk whenever you’re ready”
9.” I know things are hard right now, maybe try calling out the boys to play football or go out?”
10. “Insert a meme” Pick one that is funny or an inside joke, it will definitely light up his mood.
4. Send a voicemail to calm him down
Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, we don’t have time to read and interpret text messages.
Choosing to leave a voicemail over text for your boyfriend is a smart idea.
Not only do you make it easier for him, but the tone of your voice may also be enough to calm him down.
Say something sweet along the lines of:
1. Your proud girlfriend here, never forget I love you and will always be here for you.
2. Whenever you are ready to talk, don’t hesitate to Facetime me babe.
3. Hey baby, I know you are stronger than this stress you are feeling, love you lots.
4. Don’t ever question your ability to win, you are a warrior and my king.
5. Tuning in to check how my favorite boy is doing, love you always.
5. What can you text when he doesn’t want to talk about it?
- Don’t be pushy, if you notice he is not responding to your text, it is a sign he is not ready to talk.
Sometimes when people go through things, they need space, to heal and reflect, even though they don’t mean to push you away.
- Provide a safe space, where he can openly express what is concerning and worrying him, without fear of being judged or misunderstood.
Text him to reassure him you are there and available whenever he needs a person to talk to.
- Send him a meditation app, preferably Calm is a great start, where he can calm down any nerves and anxiety he is experiencing.
- Text him his favorite TikToks he can watch.
In today’s age are a great relief when you need to get a laugh out of someone, especially if it is from someone he enjoys watching.
All of these gestures are acts of love and care for your partner, and will show him that you are by his side, supporting him through tough times.
6. Text his words of affirmation
Words of affirmation are an important step in this process of healing and calming down.
Texting sweet and supportive messages doesn’t have to just be “ I love you”, they can be words of encouragement, appreciation, and motivation.
These will help your boyfriend improve his quality of life and help to relieve stress.
1. I am worthy of happiness and success.
2. I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
3. Whatever stresses me, I will get over it.
4. Anything I set my mind to, I get.
5. I will not worry about things I can not control.
6. I believe in myself and my abilities.
7. My mistakes help me learn and grow.
8. I am constantly evolving and any negativity becomes white noise.
9. I am capable of winning.
10. I am enough and evolving for the better.
What can I do to make my boyfriend feel better?
Sometimes the best thing you can do is simply to be there and listen to him.
If your boyfriends need professional help there are licensed people you can refer them to, such as relationship hero.
It’s important to let him know you are available if he needs you, but it is also crucial to respect his boundaries.
I usually find it best to give him some space and let him be alone for some time.
However, I also knew when it was appropriate to approach them and offer them my help.
But, if you see the need, calling him to offer emotional support, sometimes might be a good idea.
Watch out for those who get aggressive when things go wrong
Although, every one of us gets stressed, angry, and mad about certain things.
We should know when to get out of the house and take a break.
If you notice that your boyfriend tends to lose control when he gets angry, some steps can be taken to address the situation.
However, if your partner displays violence or any inappropriate behavior towards you, it’s important to seek help for your own security.
- You should set boundaries, and let him know that behavior is unacceptable and that you won’t tolerate it.
- Seek support from friends family or a therapist.
They can provide you with emotional help and plan what to do next.
- Break up with him, the simplest way is to remove yourself from the situation as soon as possible.
- Call the police and professional help.
You deserve to be treated with respect and kindness in your relationship, and it’s essential to prioritize your safety above all else.
Be there for him.
Just because it is a text message, don’t dismiss it as unimportant, it can be a great help and just what your partner needs.
He might not want to talk about his issues at the moment, so let him know your availability that will be enough.
You don’t wanna come across as if you don’t care, or that you are invalidating, so texting something is better than nothing at all.
Therefore, it is important to learn and know when and what to text to him, when in times of stress and difficulties.