The stories we hear every day about cheating partners online and in person terrify us.
Dating apps are filled with married men and everyone seems to have a bitter story about how they got cheated on and found out way too late.
If you’re suspecting that your husband is cheating on WhatsApp then you can catch him.
Here are 9 ways to find out if your husband is cheating on WhatsApp!
1. Check if his behavior changed abruptly.
You can catch your partner cheating on WhatsApp by taking a look at his routine. Abrupt changes in his routine won’t signal good news!
Oftentimes when a person starts engaging in infidelity, they abruptly change their behavior.
His behavior can give you countless clues that can lead you to the truth.
- After years of having a visible last seen status on WhatsApp he now is hiding it;
- He never was into WhatsApp, but all of a sudden he’s constantly online;
- Suddenly he’s not okay with you having his phone in your hands;
- He’s picking the best pictures to post on his WhatsApp profile—he was careless about this in the past;
- He abruptly ‘fell in love’ with WhatsApp;
2. Ask him if you can go through his WhatsApp.
You can see what he’s doing on the internet in ingenuine and skeevy ways, however, this is the most genuine one that’ll grant you a clear conscience.
The second best thing to do if you’re suspecting that your husband is cheating on WhatsApp is to ask him to go through his WhatsApp.
He is your husband, cheating or not. You’re in a marriage, a lifelong commitment. If you want to go about this, then try out the genuine ways first.
It can be hard to simply start such a conversation, I know. But you’re more likely to find the truth this way.
Here are a few examples of how you can ask your husband to go through his WhatsApp:
“I feel like you’ve been acting a bit strange recently. I’ve been having trust issues, and I need reassurance. Would it be okay if I went through your WhatsApp really quickly?”
“You mean the world to me. But I sense you’re acting strange lately. I’ve started having doubts regarding your faithfulness. I want to go the genuine way about this. I don’t want to check your phone when you’re not around, I want to hear and see it from you. Is it okay if I go through your WhatsApp very quickly?”
Once you get access to your husband’s WhatsApp you want to
- Take a look at the chats, if you see any unfamiliar names see what the conversation is about with them;
- Consider that he could register a person under a different name;
- Go to his chats, tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen, and go to: Settings > Storage and Data > Manage Storage, to see with which chat he’s been exchanging the most media;
- You can also search for particular words on the WhatsApp search bar;
- Long tap on the WhatsApp icon and the most messaged contacts will appear (works for Android);
- Check if he has an ‘Archived’ section;
- Check if he has muted a particular chat;
Note: You can do this without his permission as well, but it would contribute to the deficiency of trust in your marriage.
3. Look at his WhatsApp notifications.
If you don’t ever feel like asking his permission to go through his WhatsApp, then you can take a look at his notifications.
Whether he’s around or not, you can always take a glimpse of his WhatsApp notifications.
If he’s using his phone around you, then you can take a look if he’s receiving notifications from his WhatsApp and their content.
- See if he quickly dismisses the notifications when you’re around (it can signal he’s trying to hide something from you);
- Try figuring out if he’s frequently receiving WhatsApp notifications at inappropriate times such as past midnight;
4. See if he’s deleting his WhatsApp chats.
Another one of the successful ways to catch your partner cheating on WhatsApp is to also see if they’re actively deleting their WhatsApp chats.
Deleting the WhatsApp chats is usually not a good sign.
Nobody really does that religiously unless they’re trying to hide something from someone who could have access to their WhatsApp messages.
You want to take note of this especially if you’ve known him to be the type to never delete a chat on his WhatsApp.
If this happens abruptly, then he’s up to something!
- He could come up with excuses such as “My WhatsApp is taking too much space on my phone, I’m deleting the chats,” or “My WhatsApp takes a lot of space on my phone so I only use it through the computer”
- If he has ‘Disappearing Messages’ on, then he could be trying to hide something from you but in a ‘smarter’ way instead of doing it obviously;
5. Ask him what’s the deal with his behavior lately.
Since you’re married to him, it’s very likely that you’ve gone way past the phases where you wouldn’t feel entitled to ask him what’s the deal with his behavior.
He’s your husband and if you sense strangeness in his behavior, you’re entitled to ask what’s up.
A calm approach instead of maintaining an accusatory tone can be a good way to start.
If you want to catch your husband cheating through WhatsApp, dating sites, or in person, then ask him the spicy questions!
Whether he’s a bad or a good liar, his body language and speech will give him away.
Here are a few examples of how you can start a conversation to catch your husband cheating through WhatsApp:
- “I sense this strangeness in your behavior. Is everything ok?”
- “Honey, is there something you want to share with me? I feel like you’re hiding something from me. I’m open to listening without judgment, I promise.”
- “Lately your WhatsApp has been buzzing late at night. I don’t feel so secure in our connection anymore. Can we talk about this?”
- “This new obsession with WhatsApp is making me uncomfortable. Is there something going on?”
His answers to your question will give it all away. Your gut will feel it if he’s lying to you. And you will be able to tell whether he’s telling you the truth or not.
If his eye contact is strange, he becomes fidgety, his speech becomes incoherent, and seems nervous, then he’s very likely to be lying to you!
6. Use apps to find out what and who your husband is texting on WhatsApp.
There are plenty of apps to claim that they can give you access to your partner’s WhatsApp messages.
But, no one can have access to WhatsApp messages through third parties because the messages and calls in WhatsApp are encrypted.
This means there’s no app or way to have access to your husband’s WhatsApp activity unless you directly open your husband’s WhatsApp.
Now, there are some apps that can be installed that track a person’s activity on their device be it a phone or computer.
This is the most toxic way to go about it.
- You’ll need your husband’s phone at your disposal for at least 30 minutes;
- You’ll have to install a spying app such as MSPY, Famisafe, or Spyic;
- Then install the same apps on your phone or computer to monitor his activity on his phone.
If you’re suspecting he’s on dating sites as well, then all it takes is one search to find out!
7. Try opening his WhatsApp on your computer (you’ll need his phone for this one).
WhatsApp allows you to have the desktop version too. All you have to do is install WhatsApp on your computer and connect it to your number.
The trick here is that if you have his phone available and you know his password, then you can set this up without getting noticed.
Here’s how you do it step by step:
- Go to WhatsApp web on your computer;
- Grab your husband’s phone, go to his WhatsApp;
- In your husband’s WhatsApp go to Settings and find Link a Device;
- Scan the QR code on your computer and you’ll be set!
You can find a full guide here: https://web.WhatsApp.com/
This can take only a few moments to complete. And from there on you can see everything your husband does on WhatsApp, calls, texts, everything!
8. See how much he is online on WhatsApp.
If you’re suspecting your husband is cheating on WhatsApp, then you can have some clues by taking a look at his online status.
If he has his last seen on, you can take a look at what times of the day or night he uses WhatsApp.
On the other hand, if you’ve got time, stay online on WhatsApp and try to catch him online. Once you do, try seeing how much time he spends on it.
There’s another option you can use to track his activity on WhatsApp!
Among many apps that claim to be accurate, there’s one that does its job as it should!
By using Chatwatch you can see how often he is online by getting his full online history:
- You can choose between two plans: the first one is $11.99 per month and it has 3 days of free trial, and the second one is $89.99 per year.
- Once you select the plan and give your bank details your three-day free trial begins.
- After testing it out, you can cancel before making the payment.
9. Check his live location if he has it on.
This method doesn’t necessarily help you find out who he’s talking to or cheating with on WhatsApp, however, it helps you find out if he’s lying or cheating.
If he ever shared his location with you through WhatsApp, and never really turned it off, then you can see where he is!
This way, if he tells you he’s at a friend’s house, yet you see his location being at a restaurant, then you’ll have an easier time knowing that he’s lying to you.
Is WhatsApp used for cheating?
WhatsApp isn’t typically used for cheating.
The statistics have shown that dating sites and Snapchat are way more prevalent, as communication apps, among cheating partners.
However, this doesn’t exclude WhatsApp being used by people to cheat on their partners.
WhatsApp is usually used by cheating partners when the other partner doesn’t have WhatsApp.
On the other hand, WhatsApp offers quite some options to become discrete such as
- Hiding the last seen status;
- Hiding online status;
- Deleting chats;
- Archiving chats;
- Disappearing messages and muting a chat;
- Sharing your stories with everyone except a particular person;
- Sharing your online or last seen status with everyone except a particular person;
Try reading his behavior to find out if he’s cheating through WhatsApp!
WhatsApp isn’t known to be a cheating app. However, there are some WhatsApp cheating tricks that have been roaming around for a while now.
Catching your spouse cheating and knowing those tricks is a lot about their behavior and changes in their routine.
Here’s how you know if your partner is cheating on WhatsApp:
- He suddenly turned off his WhatsApp notifications;
- He’s abruptly changed things on his WhatsApp (e.g. pictures, last seen, online status, etc);
- He put a password to his WhatsApp so that only he can have access to it;
- He turned on his ‘Disappearing messages’ for some of his WhatsApp chats;
- He’s never been a fan of WhatsApp but now he changes his profile picture quite often;
- He never leaves his phone around you, he takes it with him everywhere;
- Instead of reassuring you, he gets angry and defensive when you address his odd behavior;
- You saw strange names in his WhatsApp notifications;
- His routine has changed drastically and too fast;
- He’s acting overly romantic or too distant all of a sudden;
- He’s been nit-picking your behavior and being very critical of your behavior no matter what you do;
- He’s online on WhatsApp but doesn’t reply to your messages;
- He accuses you of cheating;
If he’s not telling you the truth then his behavior will get it out sooner than you think.
Take a closer look to see how he treats you, how important his privacy has become lately, and whether he becomes suspiciously defensive when it comes to discussing topics such as unfaithfulness.
With a little help from the experts, you will be able to clear things up, or reconcile and rebuild trust with your husband.
Leave a Reply