Maintaining a connection and keeping the spark alive in a long-distance relationship can be challenging, but it is possible.
Whether it’s a crush, boyfriend, or husband, receiving a goodnight text can be a sweet and essential gesture.
You don’t need to write on a Shakespearean level, a simple text can make his night and feel your affection.
Certainly, here are 40 different examples of text messages you could send to your long-distance boyfriend:
1. Sweet long-distance text messages for him
A sweet little text can make him feel loved and a whole world of difference.
You may not know he has had a bad day or is feeling moody, but chances are your text message could help him end the night in a better mood.
If you’re having trouble coming up with personalized text messages for your partner, consider seeking help from a licensed professional coach.
Relationship hero is a great assist in crafting messages that cater to your partner’s tastes and preferences.
- 1. I have you and only you in my heart. Goodnight, my love.❤️❤️❤️
- 2. Goodnight, baby. I can’t wait to hold you tight next to me.
- 3. Goodnight, my king. You are always on my mind❣️
- 4. I wish you were here with me. I miss you so much, have a good night 💘
- 5. Just know that wherever you are, I love you and miss you so much, goodnight babe.
- 6. I am counting the days till we meet again. Until then, I’ll keep thinking about you. Sleep well, my love
- 7. No matter the distance, know you will always be my baby. I love you and can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Nighty night 💝
- 8. I love you so much whenever you see this. Wishing you sweet dreams baby.
- 9. Even the miles between us can’t change my love for you. I miss you, good night my teddy 🧸 💟
- 10. Knowing that soon you will hop on that plane keeps me through the day… I love you and goodnight!
2. Flirty long-distance and sexy text messages for him
As hard as long-distance relationships can be on your mental state and emotional side, the physical distance can be even more difficult.
Sweet messages are an amazing way to keep the spark alive but it’s also necessary to spice things up with flirty text messages.
If you are both comfortable with sending sexy texts, then it can certainly be a fun way to show affection and add spice to your relationship.
- 1. My bed feels extra empty without you in it.
- 2. I miss your lips, wish I was near to kiss you goodnight.🥺❣️
- 3. I can’t imagine the nights when we met again until then it’s Facetime calls!
- 4. Always in the mood for you, but you are not here 😢, so good night and sweet dreams!
- 5. My only wish right now is that you weren’t thousands of miles away☹️
- 6. Picturing you tonight in my bed playing with me 😏 Goooodnight *sexy voice*
- 7. Id much rather be in your sheets right now or on top of you
- 8. One more question before you sleep what do you think we would be doing if we were together in bed rn?
- 9. Hey babe tonight I’ll be thinking what I would do if you were by my side.
- 10. Can we Facetime, please? I’m feeling your sexy voice😏
3. Cheesy long-distance text messages for him
Sometimes what we consider “cringy” may not be as bad as we initially think.
In a relationship, giving nicknames, celebrating monthly anniversaries, and matching with your partner can be considered normal and enjoyable.
If your boyfriend doesn’t mind “cheesy” things, even in a long-distance relationship, they can be a great option for sending goodnight texts.
- 1. You wanna know what stays on my mind? Read the first word again. Good night from afar…😔❤️
- 2. Roses are red violets are blue… every night feels empty without you. Good night baby.💝
- 3. So tired of having you on my mind all day, So I’m sleeping Good night Luv.
- 4. You wanna know who is in love? Read the first word again. Nighty night bae.
- 5. Good night, baby, and If you need a lullaby to sleep, I am just one call away👩🏽❤️💋👨🏽.
- 6. I miss all you do at night when we are together except your snore.
- 7. Sweet dreams, my baby. Know that you are hotter than the laptop in my lap right now!
- 8. I’d trade my sunglass collection to be with you tonight…night my love😎❤️
- 9. Going to sleep so I can dream of you and your morning breath… Sweet dreams 😏
- 10. I miss saying good night to you in my silly baby voice till then *send voiceover*💗
4. Deep long-distance text messages for him
If you want your long-distance boyfriend to feel special and loved, it’s important to put some extra thought into your text messages.
Being apart can make it harder to feel close, which shows the importance of more personal and meaningful messages.
- 1. Despite the miles apart, know that my love for you grows stronger every day. Have a goodnight, my love, 💘.
- 2. I may not be there to tuck you in but know my love is enough to wrap you around with warmth, have a good night babe.
- 3. the nights feel longer without you close, but you are always close to me in spirit. Sweet dreams, my love.🏼❤️
- 4. Even in different timezones, know that my love for you never changes, hope our dreams are filled with us, Good night, my dear.🧸
- 5. good night, baby. Right now I wouldn’t want anything more than to smell your cologne and feel your touch.
- 6. Most nights I wish you were here for me, I wish the distance was not between us. I miss you very much, sweet dream honey!🧡💛🧡
- 7. You are the best thing to ever happen to me, think about this when you sleep tonight. I love you!
- 8. To my soulmate, I wish you a good night’s sleep and till the day comes when we met again, I’ll be thinking of you!💕💕💕💕
- 9. Knowing we will be together soon helps me endure how much I am missing you right now. Sweet dreams, my baby.
- 10. No matter the distance, you are always in my heart, you are always the one I’m craving and the one I wanna spend the rest of my nights with. Good night, love of my life.💋❤️
5. Silly and challenging long-distance text messages
Besides being flirty, romantic, and funny through text, silly and challenging texts can also play a big part in keeping your relationships interesting.
These are unexpected texts that help you break the routine of constant loving texts, before becoming too repetitive and boring.
- 1. Before sleeping tonight, can you send me a video of you doing the Fortnite dance?
- 2. Sweet dreams my boy, and when you wake up send me those half-asleep selfies I love from you.
- 3. Goodnight my love, you are challenged today to come up with a ridiculous nickname for me tomorrow. I’ll be waiting!
- 4. It’s time to sleep, but before I wanna see your best Jim Carrey impression, send the video now.
- 5. Good night babe, I bet you can’t come up with a joke that will make me pee my pants. 1,2,3, GO!
- 6. Dream of me tonight my love, and when you wake up send me the most recent meme saved on your phone.
- 7. Good night honey, before that, I challenge you to tell me what silly thing Im doing right now.
- 8. Hey sleepy head, before you get on with your day, send me your best Slavoj Zizek impression. It will make my whole day.
- 9. Good night, my love. But riddle me this, what has a tail and a head but no body?
- 10. Sweet dreams angel, I wanna challenge you to send me an old pic where you think you look ridiculous.
How to craft the perfect good night text for your long-distance boyfriend?
How you craft the perfect goodnight text in a long-distance relationship depends on your comfort level and closeness with your boyfriend.
You need to know the mistakes to avoid before crafting a text.
- First and foremost, your goodnight texts should always come from the heart and reflect genuine feelings.
- Don’t try and force something for the sake of it, it can some as insincere and he will detect your emotions even through text.
- Avoid coming as you’re trying too hard to make him laugh, instead find an inside joke you share and use that.
- Keep your goodnight texts short and to the point. Sometimes before bed, we don’t have time to read long paragraphs.
- Consider sending him a voicemail, picture, or a video call to end the night off well and make your message special.
- Use the cute and intimate nicknames you have for each other.
And lastly, remember that the perfect text message happens when you craft it from the heart.
When is the best time to send goodnight texts?
The best time you should text your boyfriend depends on the distance, state, or continent he is in.
You can access the timezone app which it’s easier than ever to find out when night falls at his place.
So you can ensure that he sees your sweet, loving, and funny good-night text messages at the right time before sleeping.
Why should good night texts be routine in a long-distance relationship?
Good night texts should be routine because they serve as a reminder that you are thinking of him, even when you are physically apart.
Small gestures such as sending good-night texts can be incredibly helpful to maintain a strong bond, even when you are miles apart.
A quick good night text message can increase the chances of him dreaming about you tonight!