While dating I found myself in a pit when I didn’t know how to use my sense of humor and what type of funny first date questions to ask.
Sometimes, I was doing way too much that it would scare my date off and the date would end sooner than I thought.
While searching to find a way out of this situation, I’ve encountered a lot of sources that link funny dating questions with extraordinary experiences.
And I would always put him on the pedestal. Yet, the intention of asking funny dating questions is to get to know him and make him feel good by swapping your experiences.
Here’s a guide that was crafted with love and professionalism by the HeTexted team:
Icebreakers with an unexpected ending
Instead of instantly cracking jokes, you should take care of starting a conversation with lighthearted topics.
You can start by connecting by asking light and heartfelt questions just to get to know one another.
Especially, if this is your first date and you don’t want to reveal a lot about yourself but still be charismatic.
1. “You said that you liked movies. If your life was a drama or a comedy, which one would you call it?”
2. “Are you some form of a text style? Because you seem very Comic Sans?”
3. “You know, I wish I knew debugging. Do you know why? Because I would immediately fix what has been holding us back.
4. “How old were you when you started to believe that you like more blondes than brunettes?”
5. “I like your taste in music. What would you name a country song about me?”
6. “Do you believe in love at the first sign? Because a Taurus and a Virgo are def soulmates.”
7. “If I was running so far away right now, would you run with me or would you stop and say IS SHE OKAY?”
8. “Hmmm, I have a very serious question. Are you a cook because you’re such a cutie pie.”
9. “Do you prefer Pasta or Fasta?”
10. “Do you believe in love at first sight or should I look at you once again?”
Funny First Date Questions to explore different aspects of personality
1. “If you were a sauce, what kind of sauce would you be?’
2. “What’s your signature dance move?”
3. “If you were a stand-up comedian, how would you roast me right now?”
4. “Would you rather be a ghostbuster or a ghostwriter?”
5. “If you would serenade a woman for the rest of your life with a saxophone, which song would you pick?”
6. “Do you consider it more weird wearing a BoJack Horseman mask or just eating ice cream with a burger at the same time?”
7. “I am serious. I thought I was on camera. Are you a camera? Every time I look at you I just start to smile widely.”
8. “Hi I am *your name’ and was your name MINE?
9. “I noticed that you like nature but would you rather hike with a bear or just listen to a single sound of nature constantly?”
10. “When I was a child I loved sweet things. Did you and why its name is (insert your name)?”
Funny First Date Questions that are a result of your imagination
Imagination combined with humor will make his heart beat faster.
Thus, relax as I said, and try to find your comfort in your authenticity.
Personalize the question, and use creative scenarios.
1. “If I could eat 20 burgers right now and then go across the state on a bike, would you do that with me?”
2. “There is a bear and a tiger in a cell. Who do you think farts the loudest?”
3. “If you would know what happens with us in the future, would you like to know it or would you just choose to eat chips for the rest of your life?”
4. “If you would have been given power. Would you use it to kiss me forever or just live alone on an island?”
5. “If you would choose to be a celebrity just to impress me, who would you choose?”
6. “We are on a picnic. A bear is doing the Harlem Shake Dance. Would you join or run for your dear life?”
7. “We ate an expensive lunch. Would you pay for it by making a flash mob or escaping with me?”
8. “Imagine. We are in a scary place. Would you try to scare me more or just make wild love with me right there?”
9. “If we got caught by police would you take the blame or turn us into Bonnie and Clyde?”
10. “Picture this. Us in a field of dandelions and it starts to rain heavily. Would you use this opportunity to have a romantic moment with me?”
Funny First Date Questions to ignite his desires
Funny dating questions can provide you with a lot of things. Starting from creating a bond with him to spicing up your relationship.
Especially, if this is your fourth or fifth date then you will give him another glimpse of you. Or the side of you that he hasn’t seen yet.
1. “Well, you like music. What type of songs would you add to a PASSIONATE NIGHT playlist?”
2. “How would you describe my personality with a flirty adjective? Please don’t say smoking hot, pleaseeeee”
3. “If we were playing Truth or Dare, would you use it to make my blood boil?”
4. “If we were in the dark would you scream with me loudly or kiss me passionately.”
5. “How hard would you try to get a moment with me? Like a lion chases his lioness or like a bird chases its worm?”
6. “How would you seduce me if both of us wouldn’t give out our identities?”
7. “Would you take the transport To my Heart or my Pink Area?”
8. “If you would snap your fingers. Which place would it be the best to take my breath away?”
9. “If you would write a fairytale about us, what type of a smoking hot title would you use?”
10. “Omg, I hope this doesn’t suck but what is the cheesiest thing you would do with me:
- Write love letters and exchange them?
- Go food tasting with me?
- Or lay down on a street and listen to Lana Del Rey?
To get a clearer idea of how would you use funny dating questions to use in your date check out Chicken Shop Date and how they articulate these questions.
You will notice when the situation gets weird or tense and how they navigate it!
They don’t cross one another boundaries but remain funny!
Funny First Date Questions that emphasize your funny experiences
If you connect or swap each other’s funny experiences, it would be easier to ask a funny dating question.
Hence, if you don’t feel confident about sharing your stories and how to do it, a relationship coach will craft a special plan for you.
1. “When I was little I used to knock on doors and yell I wanna make you happy today. Would you still do it with me? Of course when we’re drunk.”
2. “One time, I broke a flower pot and then blame it on the tree that was near the window. How would you have reacted to it?”
3. “I got lost when I was in Disney World and my friends made some flyers like I was wanted. It was hilarious but how would you have found me other than this?”
4. “I used to play this game called “Convince Me” why I should eat this food. Well, come on, what is your argument?”
5. “I made my friends believe there was Big Foot in my closet. How would you convince me that he’s not there now?”
6. “I am a ballroom dancer and once my partner hit my foot and I fell from the stage. Would you laugh hard or just carry on with your act?”
7. “I believed that pugs were adorable when I was 8 but now would you think the same?”
8. “When I started swimming lessons, I used to mash up the butterfly with breaststroke. Have you messed up something easy before?”
9. “Is there a silly tradition in your family? Mine used to dip our clothes in flowers every birthday.”
10. “I thought that collecting butterflies would make me reach when I was 5. What is the weirdest thing that you did as a child?”
Funny First Date Questions that keep the ball rolling
You should use funny dating questions to avoid awkward situations and keep the conversation going.
Try to use your experience so you can attract him emotionally and create space for him to be vulnerable with you.
He will start to feel comfortable when you won’t put all the focus on him and make it look like an interrogation.
1. “If you would choose right now to go to a secret place would it be my room or your place?”
2. “What do you think, am I the type that would run barefoot or would chase an ostrich down the street?”
3. “What type of game would you like to play right now, hide and seek or kiss and touch?”
4. “Would you like to order sushi or my slight kisses and my shabby attention?”
5. “As I was thinking, as we are here right now what type of funny viral video would you have liked to create?”
6. “Choose your next dream date: Swimming naked in Lake Como or drinking wine under the Pacific Ocean?”
7. “I am thinking right now we should eat something outrageous. Would you choose to drink 100 cans of beer or eat an octopus?
8. “If you would choose to have any attribute from nature or any type of animal, which one would be?”
9. “If you would make a funny dating profile, what would you write and what type of profile pic would you use?”
10. “Right now would you make a hilarious photoshoot with me in a zoo or walking naked on a field?”
You may choose these questions based on your relationship and his personality!
The right time to ask funny dating questions?
Timing is very important when it comes to asking funny dating questions because it will avoid many misunderstandings.
Before making or asking or making any type of funny dating questions you should build some type of rapport with him.
1. Create a good rapport with him.
If this is your first date then you should connect with him emotionally.
Ask him questions about his preferences and what gives him the ick.
Thus, try to text more with him and create a friendly relationship.
Then you’ll have more material about what you’re going to talk about and ask.
2. Wait for the right moment when both of you are enjoying the moment.
If you just have sat there then don’t start your conversation with a funny dating question.
Try to greet him and then you can use conversation starters that would lead you to ask funny questions.
Try to compliment him about the place or restaurant that he has chosen and then immediately link a funny question about it.
3. Try to consider what he is feeling, the context, and the setting.
You should adjust your jokes or funny dating questions according to your date.
I’m not implying that you should ignore yourself or your feelings.
On the contrary, check how that joke or question would make you look or would make you feel.
Try to choose funny questions that are related to your mutual interests and what type of activity you’re doing together at that moment.
4. Do not make personal jokes.
Personal jokes can be made when you have a long-term relationship and you know one another quite well.
Because you don’t know if he would be offended by this funny question or not.
Thus, try to start with general jokes, and then you can pin them down.
Hence, remember to never use jokes or funny questions that put his appearance, his past relationships, or trauma on a pedestal.
5. Respect his preferences and type of humor.
If he doesn’t like to be asked funny questions then you can use heart-to-heart topics to bond with him.
Don’t think that humor is always the key to his heart.
Try to talk about his passions and yours, especially if this is a first date or you are speed dating.
In conclusion: How to formulate a decent funny dating question?
Decent dating funny questions aren’t all about creativity.
When you ask funny dating questions, you should add your honest opinion, your authenticity, and your sense of humor.
If it’s a speed dating or blind date or first date and funny dating questions help you to set a friendly tone and proceed the conversation further.
Keep in mind that a date wants to be entertained and participate at the same time.
Before asking funny dating questions make sure that you know him a bit