Flirting is an interesting and broad skill.
Depending on how you use this skill, you will either succeed and grab your date’s or crush’s attention or create an awkward situation.
A good flirty text or conversation opener should be honest, funny, and not cross any boundaries.
Hence, flirting face to face and flirting through texting are two quite different.
Many things can be misunderstood through texting, and flirting can be mistaken for harassment or disrespect.
Having a strong convo starter will give the best impression to the other person you’re talking or texting to.
The aim of being respectful and funny at the same time is to get the attention so you can keep the conversation going.
If the conversation starter phrase is stale and not flirty and uninteresting, you’ll get a short response or no response at all.
No worries, I got your back. Be the best flirty conversation starter with these 40+ conversation starter ideas:
1. Be interested in their passions but make it flirty
The best flirty conversation starter is to be interested or comment on the same things that the other person is.
You can use these conversation starters according to the place you meet or what activity you do. You can meet a cutie at a party, at the party, in the library, or at the club.
You can incorporate these similar interests and some modern pick-up phrases.
1. “I see you’re reading Shakespeare, to kiss or not to kiss that’s a question.”
2. “Interesting choice of the drink, I would choose the same.”
3. “I see what you did there with your music playlist, I like it, Picasso.”
4. “You have the cutest pug I have ever seen. I bet you compete which one is cuter than the other.”
5. “I can see that you like reading dictionaries for fun. Is there a word that describes your awesomeness?”
Note: Try to use a combination of examples according to your situation without sounding creepy or awkward.
You can do it by using these examples and adding your opinions that fit the situation, making it authentic.
2. Ask flirty questions without crossing boundaries
Being flirtatious and asking cute questions is one of the ways to keep someone interested.
Find something that you can comment on, and turn it into a question. Always use a question but don’t make it look like an interrogation.
Be curious about them but try to not overdo it since if you don’t know them personally, it will make them uneasy.
If you are having a first date, then you can ask flirty open-ended questions that can lead you to another topic.
6. “Who is your celebrity crush, let me guess Robert Pattinson?”
7. “In a multiverse, what profession would you choose?”
8. “How would you describe the perfect date?”
9. “Coffee or tea? You choose I treat 😝.”
10. “Personal is your keyword: Choose one of these, a personal chef, a personal driver, or a personal coach?”
3. Tease them to some extent
Being playful and teasing them to some extent is the most powerful weapon.
You can poke them about their preferences and interests but without making them feel small or indifferent.
Self-deprecating, being overly sarcastic, and negative won’t ensure you a second date or
11. “I like the Titanic soundtrack but the movie is for being sad and eating Ben and Jerry. Have you seen The Notebook, that movie hits hard.”
12. “I was searching for our table, then I noticed your dazzling outfit.”
13. “I would date you, but I challenge you to have a dance first. Who has the best moves, buys the drinks.”
14. “OMG your eyes are like an ocean, I could swim on them.”
15. “I was checking the most beautiful woman in the room, and now I am looking at her.”
4. Be outstanding and authentic
A good flirty conversation starter is to be original and levitate the game.
Make them feel comfortable by you sharing your experience first and making it flirty.
You can be original and know how to flirt when you can be yourself but know when to pull out.
The best way to succeed and be authentic is to ask what you want to know and be flirty at the same time.
If you are having a first date or hanging out with mutual friends you can use food as a flirty conversation starter.
A relationship educator Jayda Shuavarnnasri has stated that flirting shouldn’t always be about us.
Instead, you need to have a good conversation and be natural.
16. “I really like your food choice, great minds think alike.”
17. “That dish looks quite delicious, why would you recommend it to me?”
18. “If you could just be teleported somewhere with me, where it would be?”
19. “You look quite familiar to me, have I seen you in my dreams?”
20. “I bet 100 bucks that you know my name, guess it.”
Note: Being too straightforward like asking for their number immediately, wouldn’t be appropriate.
A good flirty conversation starter needs to be subtle and not too obvious to make the other person uncomfortable.
5. Give them some special attention indirectly
If you are shy and you need more time to open up or socialize, you can give this person special attention indirectly.
In this case, a good flirty conversation starter can be being vulnerable to some extent and being a good listener.
Show him or her that you have some emotional depth and that you can build an emotional attraction with them.
You should give them a hint without scaring them away with lousy straightforward sentences.
Not everyone is impressed by flirting and making compliments. Someone would like to flirt, be funny, and build some emotional connection.
21. “Is this seat taken by your boyfriend?”
22. “I would really love to listen to what inspires you right now.”
23. “Shoot your shot: What makes you a badass?”
24. “I am grateful for this glass of water over here, what are you grateful for?”
25. “If you would go to any place right now where would that be?”
26. “Choose one: Rom-com movies or romantic songs?”
27. “Did you fall for your dog the first time you saw it?”
28. “Can you grab this chair for me, cuz I am falling for you and I need some support.”
6. Use flirty memes to get their attention without being awkward
One of the best flirty text openers or flirty conversation starters can be memes.
It’s a light flirty and funny way to open a conversation either with someone you know or not.
While choosing memes to start a flirty conversation is better to know priorly a bit about your crush.
It all depends on their type of humor and their interaction with you.
29. ‘The U and I together” meme
When someone is flirting with you, they want to build some type of special connection with you.
You should do the same by making them feel good and not uncomfortable. You need to make them feel seen and appreciated.
30. “You want to know who’s perfect” meme
If you want to be flirty and add some passion to the convo starter then you can go a little over the edge.
Be bold and add a little bit of compliment and your feelings, just to trigger their reaction.
This meme is perfect as a flirty conversation starter either via text or while talking because it grabs their attention.
31. “Are you the Hulk” meme
If you want to flirt using a slight “hot” phrase then you can use this meme.
It teases them at the same time and it doesn’t add a heavy sexual tone to it.
Yes, it is straightforward but it doesn’t make a sudden comment to make you or them look bad.
7. Be cheesy and flirty
If you want to use flirty conversation topics without being awkward and honest, you can use cheesy pickup lines.
Add to it also dad or mom jokes that will make the situation more fun.
32. “Are you a camera? Every time I look at you, I smile like crazy.”
33. “I hope you have learned CPR in high school because you took my breath away.”
34.” I am out to buy some new sunglasses because these can’t hold your dazzling personality.”
35. “I think my eyes are stuck cuz’ I can’t get them off you.”
36. “I was wondering if you could help me borrow a heart, cuz’ mine got stolen by you.”
37. “Have you checked if you’re a wifi because I am feeling a strong connection over here.”
38. “You seem pretty sweet, I don’t need sugar on my coffee anymore.”
39. “Do you like time traveling because I would like to have a trip with you in the future.”
40. “Is your father a gardener because you seem the most beautiful flower in here.”
Extra flirty conversation starters for texting
Crafting flirty text openers can be quite a challenge because you don’t know whether you will achieve your goal or not.
The text should be light and engaging enough. If you want to get their attention then you need to make them feel some type of way.
Combine a text with your feelings and what would make them happy and feel connected to you.
- “Attention!!! You have 5 minutes to ask me anything.”
- “Just call 911. I need some oxygen because I can’t breathe without you.”
- “I need to ask you something extremely serious. Nutella Pizza, yes or no?
- “One truth and one lie. You like country music and I hate rock. Go…..”
- “Wrong answers only. Which one comes first: Cuddling or Kissing?
- “So, I had this crazy dream last night, you send me a picture of you.”
- “Hi. I just wanted to text you today because…
- You are adorable
- I really liked your personality
- Our energy matches
- Or all of the above
- “Be my life guide for today. I am waiting for creative responses only.”
- “Right now I have one good thing on my mind….that’s you.”
- I heard you have plans this weekend..with me.”
If you want to spice it up a bit, you can send also intro voice memos. Using your voice to send a flirty message can have a deeper effect.
Your voice tone, your charisma, and your aim will be reflected.
Keep it short and try to be slightly straightforward. Long and boring voice memos will make them immediately disconnected from you.
- “I wanted to use the heaviest weapon to get your attention, MY VOICE.”
- “You know that my name is Jim but you’re as sweet as jam. We’d make a good combo.”
- “Hello, hello. This is me asking you out.”
How do you keep a texting conversation flirty?
To keep the texting conversation flirty the best way is to keep it short, honest, and interesting.
You need to grab their attention by being smooth and making a few jokes.
Avoid writing long and descriptive text because that will make them lose interest and odd.
1. The most important thing that you should do is to ask questions that you’re interested in with a twist.
In this case, you should be honest too and give an opinion about the same experiences.
2. Get to know what their preferences or interests are so you can use flirty texts according to these elements.
It is easier to connect with them in this way because you will get something to talk about.
The conversation won’t be dry and you will get the chance to tease them slightly about their preferences.
While teasing them, try to tell them about your preferences but without making them feel small.
3. Be attentive to how they are replying. If they are a bit distant, try to use something else to make them more comfortable.
Check if you used any word that was too much or inappropriate.
4. Try to not overthink what you’re writing. It’s good to pay attention to what you’re writing but don’t be obsessed since it may lead you nowhere.
You’ll end up changing the words and then ending with a dry and nonsense text.
5. Plan ahead a bit of what you are going to say but don’t just stick to it.
You can add words depending on how you’re feeling and how the conversation flows.
Flirty conversation topics….
Flirty conversation topics are a balance between being serious, personal, and funny.
Pushing too hard to be flirty and start a conversation can be quite tricky. You might seem odd and annoying at times.
Everyone would like to start the conversations light and heartfelt at some point, to make each other feel alright.
Hence, sometimes this might create unnecessary misunderstanding.
To be more specific, you need to make a smooth transition to get the other person’s attention.
I am positive that you can do it. Just put them on a pedestal without making them feel uncomfortable.
Love and light,
Leave a Reply