There’s more than just being on time on the first date etiquette for ladies. It’s a little exhausting following etiquette about almost everything, starting from the small daily life things.
I wouldn’t necessarily call this etiquette, I’d call this more of a check of the basics on your safety, attitude, mindset, which then guide you and show you what it’s best to do and what it’s best left undone on a first date with a guy.
Before we get to the main 11 rules to follow if you’re looking to have a great first date with a guy, there are things you should consider doing before you even start the date. Let’s see!
7 things to do before you go out on your first date with a guy
If you want to steal his heart on the first date, there’s another guide to that; right now, we’re checking the basics! Here are 7 basics you should consider before your first date with a guy:
1. Look him up on the internet. If you met him online and don’t know much about him, then google him for your safety. Not to find and collect everything about him, just make sure that he’s real, and he is who he claims to be.
2. Is the location where you’re going to meet up safe? If you don’t know him that well, and you couldn’t find much info about him on the internet, then you want to meet somewhere in public.
The first date at his house might not be the best idea as a first date, especially if you’ve got no clue or information on this person. Though, if you feel like he’s safe, and know him beforehand, then you can give it a try.
3. Let someone know exactly where you are. You can share your location with your friends or anyone you trust; this is important, especially if you don’t know much about this guy. Make sure your friend/s know you’re safe and that they know when you don’t.
4. Your end goal shouldn’t be to impress him or have a second date! Think of the date as a way to meet someone interesting, to have a good, quality time with him; rather than a date in which you have to impress a guy to win a second date with him.
5. Make sure you have a ride home. Another safety tip: Do not depend on him for your ride home. Again, you don’t know if you’re going to like him or if he’s going to like you, or even if it’s safe to get in his car. Make sure you’re safe, make sure you have your ride home planned!
6. Do you already know the guy? There are plenty of things you can do on a first date with a guy you already know, or if he’s your guy friend.
You can go to his place, or invite him to yours, you can go hiking, to the movies, for a long walk.
7. Relax… Take a deep breath, exercise before the date, meditate, boost your self-esteem with some music. Make sure you’re relaxed and trouble-free when you go out with this guy. You want to be able to be present and to enjoy the date, so relax.
11 rules to follow while on the first date with a guy – How to have a great first date with a guy?
These “rules” guide on how to act on a first date with a guy, what to do, and just general first-date advice for the ladies. Here:
1. First impression it’s important, so make a good one!
Be warm, polite, and welcoming when you first meet him, it gets his attention. Also, put a little effort into your appearance.
Wear something appropriate to the location and the temperature of where you’re going to meet up. Oh, and don’t underestimate the smell of a good fragrance that represents you!
A warm smile, a warm and friendly hug, or a hand-shake are often a good start on your way to making a good first impression.
2. Embrace humor, honesty, confidence, and yourself.
It’s now so obvious and so clear to everyone that I don’t even have to say it. I’ll put it out there just in case: Don’t be someone you’re not.
Embrace honesty, use your humor, be confident about who and what you present as a person. Hell, eat whatever you want to eat; wear and talk exactly what represents you. You’ll get him to like you, or at least get curious about you.
That’ll give you something real whether it is a good time, rejection, or second date!
3. Be open to the idea of an amazing date with him.
Seize the opportunity to be amazed by this guy; he can amaze you if you’re open to the idea and if you give him the chance to.
Doesn’t matter if the date will end up with you two arranging a second one, or never wanting to see each other again.
You’ve decided to dedicate time to this guy hence you want to have a good time with him, learn from him.
4. Keep the conversation going with him: Express your thoughts, ask questions, crack jokes.
This is an almost (if not) completely strange person; make sure you take the chance to know about him, for him to know about you.
There are hundreds of questions you can ask him; answer his questions with honesty, crack jokes, have fun! You’re more likely to have an amazing time by going there with that mindset.
5. Express your opinions even when you don’t agree with him on things.
Expressing your thoughts with honesty is a part of expressing yourself, letting him know more about who you are, and spicing up the conversations a little.
Having different points of view on the same topics isn’t always a bad thing. On the contrary, it’ll help you both learn more perspectives and points of view on whatever you’re discussing.
6. Connect with him: Look him in the eyes, smile, and listen.
Making eye contact, smiling, actively listening are just a few of the fundamental ways to create connections with people.
This way you’ll give this warm feeling and good vibes. It also makes you a ‘safe space’ person. You can flirt with him, be playful, just give your energy as it is, do what represents you and connect with him.
7. Be upfront about your intentions (while being careful about how you do it).
Letting him know of your expectations and standards on a relationship will help both of you to know where you’re standing on this matter.
When communicating your expectations and standards to him make sure you’re not putting them as something related to him on a personal level. Simply let him know what you expect and want from a relationship, not from him specifically.
8. Have an open mind, don’t judge him right away.
I know it’s difficult to stay away from applying the stereotypes once you see something that could indicate one.
You don’t have a clear idea of who he is; So keep the labels in your pocket and don’t get them out until you fully understand what he represents.
9. Your ex is called ex for a reason; keep it in the past and away from the table.
Talking about your ex on the first date with a person you’re trying to form a connection with is a bad idea.
It is a bad idea because you’ll give the impression that you’re not over your ex, and it could be a little disrespectful towards the guy in front of you.
Note: if you’re not over your ex so much that you can’t seem to stop talking about them, then reconsider the idea of dating.
10. Listen and pay attention to him.
This way you’ll know more about him, you’ll have a chance to spot those red and green flags; not only that, you get to learn new things, hear and see different angles on topics.
People can surprise you if only given the chance! Give him a chance to surprise you, listen, and pay attention to him.
11. Offer to pay, why not?
Have enough money with you to pay for your meal. You can even offer to pay for both of you if you feel like it.
What to do on a first date with a guy? – 7 date ideas and activities
Whether you met this guy online, or through friends, or enemies, or you’re looking for things to do with a gay guy there are things you can, and can’t do with a guy on the first date! Or We’ve got listed super unique date ideas for all categories that might be useful for you.
Hence I made a list of 7 things to do on your first date with a guy (which includes places to take him and where to go):
1. Go out for coffee. Going out for coffee can be considered boring for some, but it is a safe bet for a first date.
It leaves you room for other options if you’re enjoying each other’s company. Also, you won’t be trapped for hours if you’re not attracted to one another.
So, if you’re having a blast with one another, you can go elsewhere after coffee/tea/drink; if you’re not having a very good time, you can move part ways after coffee/tea/drink time is done. Short and simple!
2. Night/day picnic. This option has the potential to be romantic, fun, quick, or long. Meaning you won’t be imposed to stay more or less than you want to. You can adjust depending on your characters and the way you’re enjoying the time with one another.
3. Brunch. Yet another option that can be adjustable depending on how much you’re enjoying one another’s company.
If you’re not having the best time, you can drop it there. On the other hand, if you’re enjoying it so much, you can move on to another activity after it (e.g. bowling, drinks, etc.).
4. A walk in the park. A walk in the park can turn into a romantic date, but it can also save you effort and time if you’re not enjoying the date that much.
5. A walk around the city. There’ll be room to explore and comment on things together. You’ll have a closer approach to each other’s opinions and thoughts.
6. Volunteer. You’ll be both generating good karma, sleeping calmly at night knowing that you’ve helped on making someone’s day easier. Plus, it’s a great bonding activity. Give it a try!
7. Stargaze from a high building. This is another bonding activity, you can look up constellations and see what you can find once you have the map of stars in front of your eyes. It’s like a night picnic, but on top of the building, while you’re warm and cozy looking at the stars.
What not to do on a first date with a guy? – 6 things to avoid when on a first date with a guy
As long as you’ve got the mindset for it, there’s nothing that can stop you from doing a certain thing on a first date with a guy, or in any situation, really.
Though if you’re looking for a great time, I’ve got a few golden suggestions for you. Here are 6 things not to do on a first date with a guy:
1. Don’t use your phone. If it’s something urgent you can excuse yourself by letting him know; but, if it is just the casual scrolling and chatting with friends, then it’s disrespectful.
2. Don’t be somebody else. If you’re looking for something real, then you should start by reflecting on it. Let him see you, don’t try to adjust a feature or a quality for the sake of appearing more pleasant, or prettier, or more interesting.
3. Don’t go to the movies. To make my point: you’ll be stuck sitting close to a stranger for a few hours while in silence focused on the same thing but not being able to comment on it.
4. Don’t go to loud places where you can’t hear each other talk. You want to hear each other talking, hear the tone of voice, the words you’re “throwing” at each other, etc.
5. Don’t brag. Being confident is often misunderstood, and then there’s bragging. Lookout, don’t brag.
6. Don’t drink too much. Take it easy on the drinks if you want to have a good and quality time. You don’t want to go beyond tipsy, otherwise what you’ll get is most probably a messy date which you might not remember the day after.
What to do after a first date with a guy?
Well, the before and during are all set and done. What about after-first date rules for ladies? Well, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Let him know if you enjoyed the date or not. You can text him after the date to let him know whether you’ve had a good time, or that you wouldn’t want to do this again. Be patient if he doesn’t get back to you right away.
If you’re not interested – don’t ghost him – let him know about it.
If your date went amazing don’t start daydreaming about marriage & kids. Keep the expectations realistic. If he’s interested in you after the first date, I’m pretty sure he’ll invite you on a second one. Let’s see what comes out on the second date.
You can’t know a person entirely in a few hours of spending time with them. I know it feels so good right now, but let’s keep our expectations real for now.
FAQ – First date with a guy
1. What do guys like on a date?
When it comes to dates, guys like or love a good smell, a good smile, eye contact, good conversations, engagement in conversations, good manners, etc.
2. What do guys notice on a first date?
Guys notice a lot of things on a first date.
A few of the things they pay attention to are appearance, attitude, way of carrying and presenting yourself, smell, how compatible your personalities are, etc.
Leave a Reply