There are some specific moments when you step back and think: Does my ex miss me during no contact? Is he or she thinking about me? Has my ex forgotten about me now?
That feeling is triggered during holidays, times when you are hanging out with other couples, or when there is a small detail that reminds you of your ex, and when you meet new people. Maybe, just maybe when you’re all alone and that haunts you!
How to know that your ex misses you during NC? To have a glimpse at whether your ex is missing you during No Contact or not you should be fully committed to this rule. This will give space to your ex to reflect on himself, you, and your relationship.
To know that for sure you should know for how long you have been in that relationship, did your ex liked/loved you, what was the reason that both of you split, was there any chance that your ex would want to get back with you?
Before going to 15 signs let’s solve this…
No Contact Rule is equal to leaving your ex-partner alone for some time (i.e a few days, some weeks, 30 days, 45+) or giving your ex some space that provokes his/her thoughts regarding your relationship.
Men like to be left alone after the breakup. That will give him some time and space to miss you. A man at the beginning wants to be left alone but along the way, he starts to reminisce and miss you.
The time apart will make him miss you and grow fonder.
Whereas, women have a different point of view. Most women choose the NC rule to either make their ex-partner change his behavior or move on completely from that relationship.
Of course, she misses you at the beginning and after some time. But, if you do not contact a woman for some time after the break up then that will give her the wrong idea (that you don’t want or miss her anymore) or she will jump into another relationship.
To have a clearer view on this matter here are 15 obvious and hidden signs:
1. Your ex wants to know what’s going on with your life
This is one of the obvious signs that your ex has started to miss you.
If your ex asks your friends, family, or chooses to text/call you first to see how you are doing then your ex is truly missing you.
But, it is something that both men and women do.
Keep in mind: Some exes are stubborn to even ask your friends indirectly how you’ve been or what you’re up to.
If your ex is stubborn then this person will prefer to do it by stalking you online or even bumping into you “occasionally”.
2. Your ex acts in that way to let you know that he/she has changed
What is the most obvious sign that your ex misses you?
I must say this one. Even if it’s apparent to both men and women. A man is more likely to make his woman notice that during this period he has already reflected on his behavior and your relationship.
3. During this time your ex is not dating anyone
It is a hidden sign, duh! It might not quite convince you as a sign but if your ex is postponing dating, it means that he or she isn’t ready to move on right now.
A girl jumps more easily into a relationship after breaking up once she clears her thoughts. If she chooses not to have a relationship during this period, she is missing you.
A man doesn’t do the same thing because he doesn’t want to mingle with others at this point and later he gets mixed up. If he isn’t a part of any other relationship yet (after some months) he is officially missing you.
4. Your ex seeks ways to run into you more often
Your ex is bumping into you abruptly ten times a month. Yeah right….
Be cautious here. This sign can be pretty obvious, hidden, and complicated at the same time.
Check out if he/she is frequenting the same places as you or as your friends (at the ones that he/she wouldn’t go to).
5. Your ex takes the lead to contact you first
It doesn’t matter if your ex does that after a week, a month, a couple of months after break up.
The main thing is that if you had a pretty good relationship and you had to disconnect for some time to rebound your relationship then it might take a call, a text, some link to your favorite song to tell that that person is missing you.
6. Your ex doesn’t talk bad about you
One of my favorites so far. Trash talking isn’t one of the signs that can tell that your ex is missing you.
If your ex-partner aims to tell you that this person is missing you, then the one thing he/she will do is talk good things about you.
They might tell their friends, your mutual friends, your family, or even the new people that they met what made them fall in love with you, why you are so good to them, what makes this person go crazy for you, or why they can’t let their feelings go yet!
7. Your ex will give hints to tell you that you’re on their mind
This is one of the mysterious signs but that you can still tell.
1. Does your ex still wear a piece of jewelry or clothes that you gave them? Then check. Your ex is giving you the hint that is missing you;
2. Your ex will post songs or quotes that will remind them of you;
3. Your ex might drunk call or text you;
4. Your ex sees every story that you posted and even likes/comments on your posts
5. Brings up the memories: Your ex posts any place that you’ve been together or things that you might have done;
8. Your ex didn’t take down the photos from his/her social media
One thing that most couples do nowadays after a break up is either delete the photos of you with them or even delete their account.
If your ex still doesn’t delete your mutual photos from their account it means a lot. This person is not ready to move on yet and still has feelings for you.
9. Your ex-partner seeks to keep you away from taking your things from their place
Things are a little bit difficult if you two lived together. Even after having this type of experience with one another, you wonder if your ex still misses you during No Contact?
Well, yes, your ex-partner misses you in this case.
If you have sent your friends to get your stuff back from your ex’s place and they found an excuse to postpone it, then this is some kind of a hook to still keep you in his or her life.
10. Your ex still wants to be part of your life
If your ex is still trying to connect you even if you don’t then that’s a pretty big fat sign of your ex missing you.
Breakups are hard and no one would like to contact someone that they have dumped and were being ignored.
But, if your ex misses you deeply then this person will send you some types of small gifts to make you reminisce, will wish you a happy birthday, or will text you about places that you’ve visited and joke about it.
An ex-partner does all these things just to give you small hints that he or she is still thinking of you and misses you. Otherwise, it would be just a waste of time.
11. Doesn’t join any of the dating apps or doesn’t even update the profile (if already is part of these apps)
Captain, there is an obvious sign on the horizon!
The easiest way to find out if your ex is missing you during No Contact is when they aren’t part of Tinder, Bumble, or Hinge. Or, if they are, their profile is still the same, with no changes on the bio or their photos.
12. Your ex has that type of temptation to indirectly make a plan with you
You can notice that after the No Contact your ex makes plans with your mutual friends all the time to hang out that include you in these activities.
If your ex is still missing you and thinking of you then this person will hang out in groups with you.
What I mean by that is that your ex will manage to still have contact with your family members, or will be constantly in contact with the places (i.e restaurants, cafes, gyms,) that you go to somehow hang out with you for a moment.
13. Your friends inform you that your ex is going through a hard time or is mad at you
Rumour has it! If you had a pretty decent relationship and this guy or girl liked and loved you then for sure this person will go through a hard time. Just like you.
If he is having difficulties going through this phase even after this person is the one who broke up with you then he or she still has feelings for you.
Remember, that is pretty natural to still have feelings for someone or want to have someone you already lost.
But, try to keep a balance and distinguish between the one that still likes you and the one that is a controlling partner that will want to win you back for his reasons.
14. Starts to provoke you emotionally by posting things with their new partner
This one is pretty obvious. If your ex moved on in a blink of an eye and posts about it every second of the day then this is one of the strategies to give you the hint that your ex feels the absence of you.
What strengthens this idea is the fact that if your partner is the one that doesn’t usually post about relationships on social media then he or she is doing that to get your reaction.
15. Your ex goes all quiet during the ‘No Contact’ rule
If your ex uses this type of approach it is quite misleading.
And what I recommend you do in this case is use this rule for how long that you think it will be needed for your relationship, some weeks or months.
Then if you think that you’ve nourished yourself enough during this period and want to continue the relationship, text your ex. If your ex replies then you’ll know what to do any further.
Signs your ex doesn’t miss you during No Contact
There are multiple reasons why your ex might not miss you during the No Contact Rule. If the relationship wasn’t serious at all, you were not compatible with one another, the relationship was quite toxic, or there was just bad timing.
Here are some signs that your ex has started to move on during the No Contact Rule:
1. If you two lived together then your ex doesn’t bother to keep your stuff at his place. Your ex calls you or even your friends to come and get your things.
2. Your ex takes down all the photos of you together on his or her social media.
3. Your mutual friends don’t tell you everything about your ex since this person is happier now and has started a new life.
4. If you bump into your ex suddenly then you notice that they have someone new in their life but hasn’t posted anything about it.
5. Your ex doesn’t bother to find a way to reach out to you. Don’t even call or text you back, or even ask your mutual friends and family about you.
6. Doesn’t want to be part of your social media anymore, unfollows or removes you from his or her friend list.
7. Doesn’t stalk you on social media anymore.
8. Your ex texts you that after No Contact either wants to be friends or that this person has already moved on.
Will my ex forget me during No contact?
No, your ex won’t forget about you during the No Contact Rule. It will be just a way to give your ex a distant and different approach to you. On the contrary, it will be a tool to make your ex cross his or her mind without being too clingy on this person.
1. Now you have reset the dynamics and when you take the step back you are now in the right mindset and you give the chance to your ex to value you.
2. While implementing this rule you start to gain confidence and while being confident and not clingy on your ex then you remind them how powerful you can be.
3. Instead of keeping your ex close to you by begging and pleading, you give your ex some space to rekindle his or her feelings about you. The attraction is higher when you give your ex the chance to miss you.
4. While being distant you will give your ex the taste of missing you. Because when you two are away from each other the bittersweet memories are replaced with the images of why your ex liked you in the first place.
5. Anger and pain are all cooled off and you’ll notice that now your ex will have a different approach towards you.
6. If you keep texting your ex every day won’t help your ex in not forgetting you. That will
7. Being all jealous will help your ex to forget about you. But, if you don’t show that much interest in your ex and at the same time, you keep focusing on making yourself better that’s what is going to intrigue your ex and not forget about you.
8. Showing your ex that you are being all happy without them that will not get your ex to not forget you. That will make your ex cut off the ties slowly with you.
Even though it is a little bit difficult to go through this rule and wonder if your ex will banish you from his/her life or memory, try to keep the distance until you think it is necessary to reconnect or move on totally.
Will no contact make my ex move on during No Contact?
The No Contact Rule will make an ex move on if his or her approach towards you wasn’t all serious in the first place. But, it will slow down the process of moving on if you have already had a relationship that two of you invested in.
Your ex won’t move on because your ex will build some type of tolerance ruing NC. This person won’t feel the urge to reject you or find another person just to stop you from contacting your ex.
You will give your ex the chance to reflect and you give this person some type of lesson that shows how people do change and maintain themselves.
During the No Contact Rule, you omit the chance for your ex to pity you for leaving you all desperate. In this case, you avoid getting back all of his/her anger for you reaching to them all time.
If you constantly chase your ex then this will be the reason that your ex will move on.
Using this rule will backfire on you and make your ex move on if you fully ignore your ex and don’t use this rule properly.
Since, if you neglect them and do not fight then this will make your ex move on.
Regarding in what terms you broke up, if you think that there is still a chance after all of this for you and your ex then initiate that text or conversation first.
Remember: If you get all clingy on them you will make your ex an opponent which will fight against you all the time and move on.
How to make your ex miss you: How long does it take for an ex to miss you during NC?
Well, yes you can make your ex miss you while implementing the NC rule. That’s the most constructive thing you can do after a breakup.
How long does it take for an ex to miss you during the No Contact Rule? It depends. Women tend to miss their ex during the first weeks of No contact whereas men miss their ex later on (through the third or fourth week).
To maintain a good No Contact Rule and make your ex miss you, you can follow these 10 tips:
- First, be focused on yourself and fight the urge to have any type of contact with your ex.
- Learn to love yourself.
- Respect yourself. By setting boundaries you teach your ex to respect and appreciate you more.
- Learn to control your emotions.
- Take this process as a competition with yourself. Do not take it as a prize that you should win.
- Reflect on your ex and your relationship.
- Ask your friends, family, or any therapist for help.
- Make your ex notice that you have reestablished yourself. From your mindset to your appearance.
- Post once in a while on your social media, enough just to give your ex an idea of what you’re doing with your life.
- After setting the distance with your ex and when you feel that you have already moved on from the breakup, now it is time to give some signs to your ex by texting or liking his/her posts on social media.
Conclusion: You’ll know for sure if your ex misses during the No Contact when…
Your ex doesn’t make you feel indifferent or even hurt you during this process!
Each of you focuses on maintaining the relationship and doing things better next time!
Otherwise, if these things are apparent then your ex is either confused or doesn’t want to continue anymore with this relationship.