Sending an apology text to your boyfriend takes courage and honesty. Pat yourself on the back for wanting to take this step and acknowledge your mistake.
Apologizing to your boyfriend for hurting him and hurting his feelings can be put into simple words, or can be written as a paragraph to make it heartfelt.
The essence of the message should be your request for forgiveness and your acknowledgment of your actions.
Meaning, letting him know that you’re aware of what you did, and letting him know that he’s an important person in your life.
By sending him an apology text, you let him know that you’re willing to put your ego aside, be considerate of his feelings, and be willing to put effort to fix the situation you put the relationship into.
Whether you’re in a long-distance relationship or not, using texting to apologize is acceptable, and it’s a good way of saying you’re sorry.
So, do you apologize to your boyfriend over text?
Here’s how you apologize to someone over text: 51 apology texts to your boyfriend
These apology texts are the ones you can copy and paste to the chat with your boyfriend. Some are long and heart-touching sorry messages, and some are sweet and short.
Apologizing to your boyfriend over text isn’t difficult the moment you’re feeling the genuine need to apologize and the moment you realize you’ve hurt him.
An apology text message takes honesty and sincerity. That’s the only way to make someone forgive you over text: an honest, sincere, and heartfelt apology.
Acknowledging what you did, acknowledging the fact that you hurt him, and finally apologizing for what you did.
Here are 50 text examples of how to apologize to your boyfriend over text for hurting his feelings:
- I shouldn’t have said that and I didn’t mean any of it, and I’m terribly sorry about it. Hurting you is the worst I’ve felt, and I’m sorry.
- I never meant to hurt you, and I never want to hurt you ever again. I do understand if you need time to process it, I just wanted to apologize and let you know that I’m now aware of the damage that I’ve caused you, and a simple “sorry” cannot render justice to how I feel about this. Please let me know when you’re ready to talk about it.
- I am horribly sad about what I did and what I said to you. Please let me make it up to you.
- I apologize for the things I’ve said. I’d like to talk about it if you’re ready.
- You mean the world to me, I’d never do to hurt you. I’m sorry.
- I am sorry for what I said and how I behaved. I want to make it up to you.
- You’re the love of my life and my sweetest joy. I lost it and said some terrible things to you. I am sorry, and I want to make it up to you. Please let me know whenever you’re ready to meet up.
- I know I hurt you, and I know you need time. I just wanted to apologize and let you know I didn’t mean to hurt you and that I feel awful for what I’ve said.
- I never took you or your love for granted, and this time it sounded like the opposite of that. You mean the world to me, and I don’t want to ever hurt you. I’m sorry.
- I’d like to apologize in person because I know I wasn’t fair to you. Please let me know when you’re ready to meet up.
- I love you and I cherish your presence every single day, I’m sorry if I made you feel otherwise last night.
- Apologizing isn’t enough… I know I hurt you and that I’m responsible for your sadness at the moment. You’re the love of my life, and seeing you hurt automatically hurts me too. Please forgive me for being so inconsiderate and arrogant towards your presence and needs.
- I’m trying to understand your pain and your past, and yesterday I failed. I am awfully sorry for hurting one of my favorite people on this planet.
- I crossed so many lines and I messed it up… I am sorry for hurting you.
- You didn’t deserve my anger and none of those words I said. I take responsibility for your hurt, and I apologize for it. You’re my world, and hurting you hurts me too.
- I was overwhelmed and I said things I shouldn’t have said. Please forgive me.
- I regret saying what I said, and I regret hurting you. I’m sorry, baby.
- You’re my love and light and joy. I would never do to hurt you. I am sorry… Please, let’s clear this up.
- I hurt you, I hurt my world and love, and I’m sorry. Whenever you’re ready, I’d like to have a chance to explain myself.
- Darling, you’re my light and joy… I know I overreacted, and I’m sorry. I apologize for hurting you and being insensitive.
- Let’s not ever fight like that again, baby. I don’t want to ever say such awful things to you, and I don’t ever want to hurt you. I’m sorry.
- Forgive me for being insensitive and mean. The anger got the best of me and it shouldn’t have, I know. I’m sorry for hurting you.
- I’ll wash the dishes this week, I promise. I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did… I’m sorry.
- I apologize for hurting you and making you feel bad. I also understand if you need time and space; I’d be grateful if you’d let me know when you’re ready to talk about this.
- I never felt the connection I feel with you before with anyone else. I’d never forgive myself if I’d lost you because of a momentary anger burst by saying things I didn’t mean. Please forgive me for saying what I said and making you feel the way I did.
- I apologize for what happened. I want to make it up to you whenever you’re ready to see me again.
- Please give me a chance to make it up to you. I know that I can’t justify what I said and did, but I apologize and I’m ready to do what it takes to make it up to you.
- You’re precious to me, it was never my intent to hurt you, I’m sorry if I did.
- I’m trying my best to improve and become a better version of myself, but last night I feel like I failed at that. I’m sorry for being so rude and mean to you, you don’t deserve such treatment.
- I never thought I’d hurt you, and the fact that I had no idea that I was in the worst part of this. Please forgive me. It was never my intent to hurt you.
- You’re my world, my home, and my peace. Hurting you is something I never imagined doing, ever. I apologize, and I ask you for forgiveness.
- I’m aware of the pain that I’ve caused you, and I respect your need for space at the moment. I just wanted to apologize and let you know that I love you.
- I don’t understand how I could hurt you that way, but I understand your need for time to process what happened. I apologize for everything I said.
- You’re everything I could ask for and more. I hate that we fought like that, and I hate that I said what I said to you. I’m sorry.
- I hurt a kind and loving person. Although I find it hard to forgive myself for what I’ve done, I sincerely apologize for your kind heart and spirit. I’m sorry.
- I didn’t communicate, I didn’t express my concerns, and I didn’t consider your feelings. I feel responsible for the fight and for the pain it caused you. I’m sorry.
- I never thought I’d go that low and hurt you like that. I apologize.
- You’re my love, my light, and joy. The idea of hurting you is absurd to me, yet I managed to hurt you. I am sorry, love.
- I just want to hold you and hug you for the longest time. Please forgive me for making things worse. Let’s not ever fight like that again.
- I’m sorry for the screaming, for the words, and for the indifference towards your feelings. You don’t deserve such a thing, I’ll make sure for that to never happen again. I am terribly sorry for everything.
- You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. Hurting you is something I’d never do on purpose. Realizing what I’ve done, I’ve realized I hurt you. I never meant to, and I never will. I’m sorry, baby.
- I don’t want to win an argument with you, I want to solve things out, agree with you, and accept you as you are. I wasn’t myself today, I hurt you today. I’m truly sorry for hurting you. It was never my intention.
- I cherish you, I cherish your presence, and I cherish your love. I’m sorry that I made you feel otherwise.
- I’m willing to learn, I won’t repeat that mistake ever again. Knowing that I’ve hurt you, I find it hard to even forgive myself, I can only imagine how you’re feeling right now. Please forgive me.
- It’s my fault that you have no idea how much I appreciate you. I’m not good at communicating, but I’m willing to improve, I’m willing to try. I’m sorry for making you feel the way I did.
- You’ve been such an understanding and loving person to me. I’m starting to think I don’t deserve that because of what I did today. I hate the fact that I hurt you. I’m sorry.
- I’ll water the plants this week. I overreacted, and I caused the fight. I’m sorry, baby. I love you.
- You don’t deserve to be insulted. I wasn’t myself, and I shouldn’t have said those words. I never will. I’m sorry, my darling. I love you.
- I understand if you need your time to process this. I’m sorry for putting us in such a situation.
- You’re my world, my everything. I can’t bear the fact that I hurt you so badly. I feel awful, and I can only imagine the way you’re feeling. I apologize, my love.
- I’m sorry for hurting the most loving person and one of the most precious people in my life. You’re all I could ever ask for. I apologize, my love.
Other extra ways to apologize to him: how to apologize to your boyfriend without saying sorry?
Apologizing to your boyfriend for hurting him can be done in a variety of ways besides a wordy text.
You can apologize through actions, gestures, and physical contact.
In a way, you’re not saying sorry, but you are letting him know you’re sorry through the way you treat him and the way you show affection towards him.
Here are 3 ways you can apologize to your boyfriend without saying sorry:
1. Send him pictures or memes.
If the fight was light enough, using pictures or memes can be a great way to apologize to him for something that you did.
A funny text or picture can ease the tension and can make the situation feel lighter, of course, if you didn’t cross the line way too far with your mistake(s).
Here are some memes you can use for an apology without saying sorry:
2. Send him gifts.
Sending him gifts is yet another way to show him that you’re sorry and that you regret hurting him.
Choosing the right gift(s) can light up the situation and bring joy back into the relationship, while it eases the tension created between the two of you.
3. In-person affection and love.
Letting him know you’re sorry can be in person as well, it can even be without saying the word sorry.
This time you want to show a bit more love and affection to tell him you regret what you did or said to hurt him.
Extra hugs, extra loving words, and extra affection can show that quite well.
Crafting your own apology text – How to apologize to your boyfriend over text?
This doesn’t seem like an easy deal that can be followed by the sweetest goodnight texts by the end of the conversation.
An apology text should be carefully written to portray the message you’re wanting to. So, what does it take for an apology text to be real and honest?
Here’s how you write your own apology text to your boyfriend:
1. Make it heartfelt. Again, an apology has its positive effect when it’s portrayed with honesty and meant words.
For an apology text to be decent, you have to mean the words you’re saying, you have to feel them in your heart, and you have to be honest about what you’re writing.
In this case, expressing how wrong it feels to hurt him is a good start especially if that’s how you’re feeling at that moment.
2. Acknowledge your mistake(s). Let him know that you’re aware of the pain you’ve caused him.
Denying what your partner is feeling or trying to minimize your actions to make it seem like you didn’t do anything wrong is not the way to apologize, not over text and not in person.
Acknowledging your mistake(s) will allow your partner to be heard, it will allow him to understand that you understand him and that what you did was/is hurtful.
3. Ask for forgiveness. Of course, an apology text cannot be one without asking for forgiveness from your partner.
After taking your time to make sure your words are heartfelt and after acknowledging your mistake(s), it’ll be time to ask him to forgive you for what you’ve done.
It’s one of the most important points of the apology, you can use “sorry”, “forgive me”, “I apologize”, or any other word that feels natural and that you find suitable for your apology text to your boyfriend.
4. Present him with a solution. Let him know that you’re willing to not repeat what you did and that you’re willing to fix the situation.
Of course, if you feel like you’re not improving, and if you feel like you’re very likely to repeat your mistake(s) again, then you should be upfront and honest about it.
On the other hand, if you know that you’re going to improve and if you know that you won’t repeat that hurtful behavior, let him know.
It’s a way of reassuring him that you won’t hurt him again. You apologized, your words were from your heart, and your apology is honest and real.
Conclusion: The right way of apologizing to him over text
Your emotions and facial expressions are hard to read through a text.
That’s why you have to make sure you’re choosing the right words in the right place of the sentence while you’re expressing your apology to him.
Take your time to craft your text, or copy-paste one of the texts above, whichever feels more personal to you.
Keep it humble, heartfelt, and honest.