Catfishing has become so common these days, it’s almost normalized. Besides that, it’s become too difficult to reckon. Taking this quiz will make things slightly easier for you.
The internet gives an advantage to those skilled in manipulation and deceit: they’re able to hide who they truly are and they get to use their skills to benefit from people that are seeking genuine connections.
Are they sounding too good to be true? Do you feel like there’s something off about this whole connection with this person?
Well, there are a few ways to find out, one of which is the quiz:
About the “Am I being catfished?” quiz
The quiz has 15 questions of which you have 4 options to answer. After you finish answering each question, you get the results based on what you answered. It’s simple.
The results are clear and accurate. You just have to make sure you describe your situation with this person by answering the questions according to your connection with the person.
Spotting a catfish can often be a difficult mission, however, getting a little help from the quiz will save you time, and make the hard work easier for you.
Do you know the most common signs of a catfish?
Well, if you thought that a catfish represents a person pretending to be another, that’s not quite the definition.
It’s not just a man pretending to be a woman or the other way around. A catfish is a person who pretends to be something/someone so that they can get something from you–using that made-up persona.
Sometimes their game is way too good, and it comes to the point where you end up giving them money. However, it doesn’t have to go to that point, and it doesn’t if you know and understand the basics of a catfish.
10 signs you’re being catfished:
1. They seem to be very successful and famous, it feels unreal.
2. They’re too perfect, it leaves you questioning yourself.
3. They refuse to send you pictures or to have video/voice calls.
4. They love-bomb you and rush things: it feels like you’re forced into a virtual relationship.
5. They give you excuses when you ask them to meet up with you.
6. They made a few mistakes along the way, and now their story doesn’t seem to add up with the rest of what they told you.
7. They asked you for a favor such as financial (asked you for money/bank details).
8. They seem to be a little suspicious on social media (or refuse to share their social media with you).
9. They seem to get bored or busy when it comes to talking about you and your passions.
10. You feel like there’s something wrong with this whole ‘connection’.
Taking the “Am I being catfished?” quiz
Once you press the “start quiz” button, you’ll be answering the following questions:
1. Do they sound and/or look too good to be true?
- I didn’t recognize anything like that.
2. Do they claim to be very famous/rich?
- Very often, yes.
- Yes, but they don’t talk much about it.
- I wouldn’t say so.
3. Do they refuse to send you pictures of themselves?
- They always refuse.
- Sometimes, they do.
- I didn’t really ask them for pictures.
- No, they don’t refuse.
4. Do they give you excuses when it comes to meeting up?
- It only happened once.
- I didn’t ask them to meet up yet.
5. Did you catch them in a lie?
- Yes, multiple times.
- Yes, but it wasn’t much of a big deal.
- I didn’t pay that much attention.
6. Are you sensing something off about them?
- Very much so.
- Sometimes, yes.
- I didn’t notice anything really.
7. Has this person ever asked you for money/your bank details?
- They did.
- They’ve only talked about it but didn’t ask me.
- Not that I remember.
- No, never.
8. Do they hesitate when you mention voice/video calls?
- A lot. I never saw them through a video call nor did I hear their voice.
- They do a little, but I don’t insist.
- We didn’t mention anything about having any voice/video calls.
- No, they don’t really hesitate.
9. Did they share their socials with you?
- They don’t have any socials.
- I didn’t ask.
10. Do their socials look a little suspicious?
- Yes, quite a lot actually.
- A bit… They don’t have many friends/followers.
- I just told you, I didn’t ask!
- No, not really.
11. Are they pushing things too fast with you?
- Yes, but I don’t mind.
- I haven’t noticed anything in particular.
12. Do they listen when you tell them something?
- Sometimes they change subjects.
- I haven’t noticed.
- Yes, they do.
13. Do they ever ask you any questions?
- They do, but they’re not specifically about me.
- I didn’t pay any attention to this.
14. What did you find when you googled them?
- Nothing, they didn’t appear.
- Well, not much, their socials that seem to not be used for years.
- I didn’t google them.
- Regular things, nothing suspicious.
15. Do they ever just vanish and come back without any particularly strong reason?
- Yes, a lot.
- It only happened once.
- I wouldn’t say so.
- No, not at all.
Articles you’ll find helpful: